Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

T-Shirt Design and Ordering Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:04 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I'll do grey for the T-shirt, and then in the fall do a long sleeve shirt in black. No need for a black shirt for these NC/SC summers. Ill get on this ASAP.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:27 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Okay, email is sent out for price quote. I'm anticipating a good bit based on the number of colors in this, but we'll see. I'm checking multiple sites to get it as cheap as possible, but still a good quality print and shirt.

All I need to do is get the logo set up correctly, which I'm working with Meanstang on currently, and we'll have shirts in the mail. Check back here in the next few days for pictures and the final cost.

Orders will be by PM. I just need you to PM me with sizes and quantity. I'll probably handle payment by Paypal...even though they charge a bit to go through. Otherwise it will be too hard to get payment from and shirts to anyone on the East coast of the chapter. I guess we can also do everything in person at meets for active members.

Just check back in a few days and we should be up and running.

EDIT: We are looking anywhere between $20 and $30 currently. I think it's like $28.75 on CustomInk, which is the site that I can choose the actual shirt that I want by name, so I know I got a good quality shirt. It's $19.95 on CafePress, but I'm not sure the quality of the shirt, because I don't get to choose, and I think the logo on the back is smaller on that as well, and it isn't adjustable I don't believe. Neither of these prices include a sleeve print. I'll call them and see about that one. If it's too much...we could also figure out a way to just iron on a sleeve logo...it's just be some letters and some numbers (username and member number). Shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited by HT; 07-22-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Thanks HT... Ready when you are.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:07 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Okay, got them all done up. Ordering time is upon us. Pricing is tentative due to bulk discounts, but I have something to base off of.

This order is for this grey short sleeve shirt:

The only things that aren't set in stone on it are:

- Logo size on the back. Talking to a rep about what will look best, it might be an inch or so smaller.

- Sleeve print. Working on feasability and price of that idea.

The price will be $26.40 per shirt, shipped to my house, if we get 30. If we add in sleeve print...I'll update this. I'll also have to compensate for shipping out from here to you, and the Paypal fee...but I'm thinking $30ish for everything total, which is expensive...but we have so many colors in this shirt, and I didn't really want to sacrifice the look of it for the sake of $5 or so.

Also, we'll be doing an order around November/December for a black, long sleeve version. Meanstang did some color inverting for us and it turned out great. I'll take orders for these as well...but I won't place it with the printing company until the winter, just so we can separate the orders and not divide ourselves out too much. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew this will be an option so that you can pick which one you want, or get both:

I believe the long sleeve will be around $32.

The price is for a Large, expect a few bucks more for XL, XXL, etc.

Hope everyone likes this and is happy with it. It's the culmination of a lot of hard work for quite a few people. If you get the chance, drop Meanstang a PM and tell him you appreciate everything.

PM me with sizes and quantity and we'll get this show on the road.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:39 AM
standard

Those black long sleeves look great. I love the "ghost" cars on the back. Great work everyone. PM sent your way HT with my order.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:49 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

HT... PM sent with shirt order. Thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 12:09 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Okay, we currently have orders placed for 7 shirts. That puts our cost per shirt at around $29, and that is before Paypal fee and shipping (unless you are picking up/paying in person). So probably...$35?

Basically, we need more orders. I reduced the number of colors in the shirt, so it is cheaper, and the more we order the better off we are. If we can get to 15, then the price per shirt will be down to $25, and if we can get to 30, then the price will be down to about $20. It goes down gradually for each shirt...it isn't a tiered thing where you need multiples of 10 to hit bulk discounts.

So spread the word to our members if you know how to. I'm trying to gather email addresses so I have another way to contact people...but it's difficult since a lot of people don't check the forum anymore.

Last edited by HT; 07-27-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:20 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Up to 10 now. I'm going to hold out for 20, and then we'll be in a reasonable price range (I think that would put us around $23 per shirt before fees), and then everything else would be icing on the cake.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:33 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

14 orders now. Still holding out for 20. I'm hoping we get there by the end of this week, but if not I'll probably still pull the trigger on the order next Monday.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Sounds like a plan . Let me know when you need payment and address info? Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: T-Shirt Design and Ordering Thread