Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Can't have nothing nice

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:26 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

No physical way that that could possibly have been accidental. Looks like someone took a roundish object and repeatedly hit the same area over and over.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

I don't know why anyone would do that. I don't pissed people off like that.

I also work at a plumbing supplier so to me it sort of looks like the threaded end of a piece of steel pipe.

I started the claim through insurance today. Hopefully it will get in the body shop sometime this week.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:45 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Looks and sounds like that repairman was carrying some heavy/big tools and dinged (purposefully or accidentally) your car, then didn't have the ***** to own up to his mistakes.

Integrity has gone to hell nowadays. I swear, people just need to grow a pair and learn to accept their mistakes, that was probably the first lesson my mother taught me as a child.

Sorry to hear about this jeffk, best of luck getting things back in top shape!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

So sorry to see that! Can't say it was certainly done on purpose but it sure looks hard to call it an accident as well. My wife's car had it's windshield busted (on purpose it turned out) out last summer by some idiot kid in our neighborhood. (He actually even threatened our daughter because she saw him and told us...) Since that time, our cars have been in constant view of our security cameras at home, and when out in public we try to never leave them alone either. Sure does suck the way people in the world are these days. You should be able to purchase something and trust no one will screw around with it, and if an accident happens it's no big deal if people would just own up to it and even say SORRY.

I think even when it's accidental, people get scared that they will get caught and the owner will freak out, which I guess does happen, but at least to me, the part that causes the most anger and frustration is just knowing some jack*** did it and ran off. Accidents happen, but running off when you know you did something, may as well have been done on purpose.

Hope you get it taken care of and like new in a hurry!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Called yesterday and set up the appointment to drop it off at the body shop on Monday. It should be interesting to see what kind of rental car I'll get.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:46 PM
rollin9208gt

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Well, 4 days after owning my nice shiny Stang...I came home, ate dinner then was going to head out to a Cruise-in. Walked past the car and this caught my eye...

I know it wasn't there at 9 pm last night because I was out in the garage wiping it down with Meguiars quik detailer. So that tells me some jackass did this to my car at work today. They better hope I don't find out...

I guess now I can order the unpainted quarter window louvers since it's going to have to have paint work done.
I can't see the damage but I'm pi##ed off for you. Glad the insurance company didn't take forever and I hope the a-hole that did it is repaid 10-fold in the future.

(for some reason the pictures aren't showing, says photobucket has removed them)
Old 09-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

My mistake. I created a sub-album and moved them...duh.

Thanks for feeling my pain tho!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Dropped it off this morning. Got my rental..brand new GMC Terrain. Pretty neat little car. Not a Mustang but it will work for 3 days.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:58 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Great news Jeff. Hope they do a good job for you.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Picked it up this morning. Of course it was raining. It had stopped raining when I got to work and I noticed that there's all sorts of dust and dirt in the clear and it doesn't look like they wet sanded and buffed it. Can you say orange peel?

So I'm going back around lunch... I knew it wasn't going to be easy.

Quick Reply: Can't have nothing nice