Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

2012 Calendar of Events

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Hot Rokker

I could go for a Tilted Kilt meet, I live in the area. Just gotta be on a day I can do, like a weekend.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:24 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Sean, looks like our first event this year will be at Pro-Dyno on 2/25. We will wind up at the Kilt some time that afternoon.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Brighton07GTCS
1st Gear Member

i can't say for sure what i'm going to be able to do, but i'd love to make most of these meets. i just live down the road from pilot mtn. so that's definitely gonna happen when it comes time, and the greensboro gtg sounds pretty doable too right now. i'd love to make one of the rides, but again i can't say for sure.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:21 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

I'm very definitely going to have to do the Diamondback and the TotD again. I washed the car yesterday and forgot to take the magnets off of it, and now they are gone. I can stop by VIR on my way to Sister's house, but the other two are destinations all their own. Gonna have to go get some replacements, and while I'm there...
Old 01-08-2012, 03:15 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Larry...Are you back from your world travels? If you like, I have a new 226A (Diamondback) sticker that you are welcome to. You can replace it when we go back up. If you want it PM your address and I'll drop it in the mail. ( It's the oval with the snake head over the 226A)
Old 01-08-2012, 05:06 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Confirmed dates -
2/25 - Pro-Dyno and Tilted Kilt (Rock Hill/Carowinds area)
3/24 - Snake (start and end in Hickory)
I will get more info on both soon.

Possible next meet - 4/7 - Raleigh. This is the Saturday before Easter. What are your thoughts on this?

I know there is a lot of interest in going back to the Dragon again this spring. I checked with the Microtel Inn for the nights of April 28th and May 5th. It appears either the Minis or the Miatas are there on the 5th and they only have 8 rooms left. The night of April 28th is wide open right now. Either night they will give us the motorcycle discount, the rates are $77 for 2 queens and $67 for 1 queen +tax. Microtel is about the only game in town other than some small places that seem to cater more to the bikes. And the cost is pretty reasonable.

I am not sure how many would want to spend the night or just make it a day trip. I am looking forward to getting up for an early Sunday morning run. Personally I am leaning towards the April 28th date. Hopefully it won't be too crowded, like it was last October.

I am thinking we can meet in the Hickory area around 10, use Asheville as a place to meet others and maybe have lunch and then head over to the Dragon. The picnic at Fontana Dam was OK but tables and such would have been a plus.

Let me know your thoughts and have a great week.

Last edited by alan0614; 01-08-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Alan...Given the limited number of rooms for May 5th, I think April 28th would be the better choice. It would give everyone wanting to overnight an opportunity to get a room. As soon as we firm up the date I will go ahead and book a room. Nice new sig showing off those new wheels.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I can go ahead and start looking for a location in Greenville, SC, if there is enough interest in that. It'd just be a regular meet for the time being. I'll look into some other options in upstate SC for events as well.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Alan...Given the limited number of rooms for May 5th, I think April 28th would be the better choice. It would give everyone wanting to overnight an opportunity to get a room. As soon as we firm up the date I will go ahead and book a room. Nice new sig showing off those new wheels.
Yeah, what he said, on all accounts. I like how Alan tried to slide that new sig past us.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:51 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Yeah, what he said, on all accounts. I like how Alan tried to slide that new sig past us.
Wow! Alan's car is looking shhhhhhharp!!!!!!!!! Very nice.

Quick Reply: 2012 Calendar of Events