Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Tail of the Dragon - April 28 - Benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

WOW... what a great weekend... Heather and I had a great time, enjoyed meeting everyone and already looking forward to the next event. Would like to say "KUDOS" for those that worked so hard to make everything a great success!
Dana and Heather
Old 04-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Just so everyone knows. We have a Sticky that I made. "Carolina Chapter Event Picture/Video Links". Post the link the home page that has all your albums. I have two places and posted the links to both. Here's the link to the sticky but it's at the top of the page.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/caro...deo-links.html

I have already loaded all the pics I took and I'm working the video. Had an awesome time this weekend. What a blast and it's good to hear that everyone so for has nothing but good reviews up to this point. Can't wait to get together again.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:26 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT500Steve
It was very nice to see everyone yesterday. What a great event, I am already looking forward to the fall if we do it again!! Took a couple of the pictures and the GoPro footage off the camera I had and made a little video... I was thinking if we had one site where we could post ALL the footage and pictures it would be pretty cool. Then everyone would have access to it if they wanted. Maybe on photobucket or something... just an idea.

[youtube]5qTfpINCoK0[/youtube]
Steve...Great job on the video. It was great seeing you again, and now everyone knows that awsome streight line machine can also carve a few hundred curves when it needs to. Thanks for jumping in there when we need your help. Thanks to my good friends that put so much work into this amazing weekend. Thanks to everyone that came out to play on the Dragon and support the WWP Project.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:38 PM
06_footy
2nd Gear Member

It was cool to find out I won some prizes! Now to see what I'm going to use my giftcard on....
Old 04-29-2012, 08:50 PM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Had a great time. When you guys left to go back through the Dragon I left to go take some pictures and went back through the dragon again. It was empty when I went back through and that made for a fun ride. I'll upload all the pictures next weekend when I get back home. I forgot to bring the camera back to school with me. Surprised me that I was the only new edge this time. Nice to see all the new Mustangs, and what you guys have done to them.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:37 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

It was a ton of fun everyone. Thanks to the crew that planned everything. I put in a good bit of work and I barely skimmed the surface of what ya'll did, so I know how much effort it took and everything came together well.

The nice thing is that we are slowly getting more and more organized, which will make things run smoother in the future. It just takes a bit of time to figure things out!

I actually had a bit too much fun and picked up a speeding ticket on the way home last night. It's a pretty funny story, at least everyone else finds it pretty funny . It's the first one I've ever gotten (first time I've ever interacted with a cop while in my car, never pulled, never been through a license check, etc.) so I'm hoping I can find a way to deal with it that doesn't affect my insurance but we will see.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:08 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
So first off...i'd like to give some MUCH deserved credit, to some VERY deserving people!

Thank you Alan, John, Jeff, Steve & Kevin for organizing all of this!! AMAZING job! You all deserve a huge round of applause!

Thank you Hunter for creating our little corner of the forums! You have definately started something special!!

Thank you to all of our sponsors! I've never seen sooooo much stuff at an event before.

Thanks to everyone else who showed up and made this a great weekend! Was a lot of fun!

Bandit and i arrived home safely @ 610pm, despite some awfully bad traffic thru g'boro.
car all clean and i'm beat!

Just throwing this out there...my mustang friends from Ohio are planning a week-long trip to the dragon Sept 8-16. We normally stay in gatlinburg for this so the wives can shop while the boys play all day! There's always room for more mustangs, and we're planning on a few loop runs of the dragon and cherohala.

I'll post more info tomorrow as well as pics...right now too tired to do anything.

Thanks again everyone for an amazing weekend
Clark, it was a great team effort. Quite proud of our group I am.

Originally Posted by jayman33
Great job Steve, nice footage.

Kristen and I had such a great time this weekend, already looking forward to the next get together. I'm glad I got to show her I'm not the only one crazy about cars. Thanks so much for everyone who made this special weekend possible.
Jason, I am glad you guys could make it. It was a blast.

Originally Posted by Widow Maker
WOW... what a great weekend... Heather and I had a great time, enjoyed meeting everyone and already looking forward to the next event. Would like to say "KUDOS" for those that worked so hard to make everything a great success!
Dana and Heather
Dana, glad you and Heather could make it.

Originally Posted by MustangLouver
Had a great time. When you guys left to go back through the Dragon I left to go take some pictures and went back through the dragon again. It was empty when I went back through and that made for a fun ride. I'll upload all the pictures next weekend when I get back home. I forgot to bring the camera back to school with me. Surprised me that I was the only new edge this time. Nice to see all the new Mustangs, and what you guys have done to them.
Mike, can't wait to see some of the pics. Glad you made it, the white Mustangs were well represented.

Originally Posted by HT
It was a ton of fun everyone. Thanks to the crew that planned everything. I put in a good bit of work and I barely skimmed the surface of what ya'll did, so I know how much effort it took and everything came together well.

The nice thing is that we are slowly getting more and more organized, which will make things run smoother in the future. It just takes a bit of time to figure things out!

I actually had a bit too much fun and picked up a speeding ticket on the way home last night. It's a pretty funny story, at least everyone else finds it pretty funny . It's the first one I've ever gotten (first time I've ever interacted with a cop while in my car, never pulled, never been through a license check, etc.) so I'm hoping I can find a way to deal with it that doesn't affect my insurance but we will see.
Hunter, it is amazing how the group is progessing. The whole ticket thing sucks, were you in NC or SC? How fast?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

We are blessed with some great photographers in our group! Steve, that video was awesome! It would be awesome to compile yours, Johns, Jasons and Chris's all together

I had such a blast this weekend. It was great hanging out with everyone and meeting some new people.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99bluejet
I wanted to, I should have!!
Yes, yes you should have! LOL
Old 04-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
So first off...i'd like to give some MUCH deserved credit, to some VERY deserving people!

Thank you Alan, John, Jeff, Steve & Kevin for organizing all of this!! AMAZING job! You all deserve a huge round of applause!

Thank you Hunter for creating our little corner of the forums! You have definately started something special!!

Thank you to all of our sponsors! I've never seen sooooo much stuff at an event before.

Thanks to everyone else who showed up and made this a great weekend! Was a lot of fun!

Bandit and i arrived home safely @ 610pm, despite some awfully bad traffic thru g'boro.
car all clean and i'm beat!

Just throwing this out there...my mustang friends from Ohio are planning a week-long trip to the dragon Sept 8-16. We normally stay in gatlinburg for this so the wives can shop while the boys play all day! There's always room for more mustangs, and we're planning on a few loop runs of the dragon and cherohala.

I'll post more info tomorrow as well as pics...right now too tired to do anything.

Thanks again everyone for an amazing weekend
I think the applause goes to members like you and everyone else who attended.

Originally Posted by jayman33
Great job Steve, nice footage.

Kristen and I had such a great time this weekend, already looking forward to the next get together. I'm glad I got to show her I'm not the only one crazy about cars. Thanks so much for everyone who made this special weekend possible.
I'm not crazy! I can't imagine the breakfast conversation the girls had yesterday morning.

Originally Posted by GT500Steve
Anytime! Heck, you guys did all the hard stuff though.... all I did was ride around! But I sure as heck had a good time
And win some cool stuff!! Congrats on that Steve.

Congrats to all the winners!

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon - April 28 - Benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project