MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Carolina Regional Chapter (https://mustangforums.com/forum/carolina-regional-chapter-153/)
-   -   Women drivers... Nuff said. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/carolina-regional-chapter/673414-women-drivers-nuff-said.html)

Kegomatix 05-29-2012 06:05 PM

Women drivers... Nuff said.

So after only a few days of relishing over my victories of car repair and putting an end to the oil burning, I got hit on the way from work today. Was a long hard day and I couldn't wait to get back and take my boots off.

It was raining, I was in a 40 mph zone and preparing to make a right into my neighborhood area. It is a pretty sharp turn and requires that I slow down quite a bit so seeing that the vehicle behind me was already on my ass, I signaled very early giving everyone the chance to get in the left lane and go around me. As I started to slow down I saw her getting closer and closer, and just before the turn I figured she wasn't stopping so I punched it in an effort to avoid the collision. It wasn't enough, she clipped my passenger side rear. It might have destroyed my wheels, among other things, had she pushed me into the curb (I was now facing up the road where I was making the turn) so luckily I had the sense to regain control, hit the gas and avoid running into it..

She accepted all responsibility (duh) and the MP wrote her a $200 ticket and sent her on her way. But after he said I was good to go, he had to tell me how badass he thought the 'Stang was :icon_goofygrin:

But of the last 3 times I've been hit (the last one, rear ended sitting at a red light) each time it has been a woman... Just sayin.

Kegomatix 05-29-2012 06:11 PM

One of the most concerning things for me right now is that the hatch isn't lining up straight now... I'm crossing my fingers for no major frame damage.

alan0614 05-29-2012 06:48 PM

Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you are OK at least.

steel pony 05-29-2012 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by alan0614 (Post 7954010)
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you are OK at least.

ditto that....eeesh!

Jeffk 05-30-2012 06:27 AM

Damn man, that sucks! Hopefully it's mostly superficial damage.

brittny881 05-30-2012 09:26 PM

I'm glad that you're okay too. Hopefully the frame isn't warped either.

I wouldn't classify it as a 'woman' thing.. as I have a better track record than my husband and the 3 wrecks I've had since I've been driving (albeit 7 years) haven't been my fault.

Kegomatix 05-31-2012 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by brittny881 (Post 7955097)
I'm glad that you're okay too. Hopefully the frame isn't warped either.

I wouldn't classify it as a 'woman' thing.. as I have a better track record than my husband and the 3 wrecks I've had since I've been driving (albeit 7 years) haven't been my fault.

I know, just giving the ladies some crap. My wife has never been in any accident yet, I just wish she wouldn't follow so close...

Sleeper_GT 05-31-2012 09:06 PM

Damn dude! Sorry.