Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Lenoir Cruise-In July 7th

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Order_66
as far as my comment, i know what goes on and why, at least i have some idea. its just i thought that the people who go to these where somewhat local to the event site. i had no idea people where driving across the state almost.

i like to drive my car too so ill have to come out one of these times. i will admit, i dont have the gumption to drive all day tho. ill need to wait for a somewhat local event.

its amazing to see the friendships you guys have formed. thats pretty cool for sure. im all about that. ill need to meet you guys.
We don't drive all day, that's why it's fun.. we drive.. stop somewhere sit around shoot the breeze, eat, take pics, talk cars, look at each others new mods.. drive some more. It's not all day non-stop driving. There are almost always plenty of stops planned out in the route.. even for my peanut bladder
Old 06-12-2012, 12:06 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by donj63
Nude beaches in Lenoir?? lmao...is that like Ocean front property in Arizona??
Well maybe I stretched the truth just a bit.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:36 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Quiet now, the elder speaks "Mustang...Born to run". Thank you for your time and attention.

Order_66
OK...just fooling around. If we can get you to one event the rest will take care of itself.

Last edited by SHOHORSE; 06-12-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:01 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

thats a 4 hour drive....how are you guys doing this? sleeper and jayman? i know where you live and you might be further than i am.

am i just an incredible puss or are you guys driving 8 hours....to drive?
Pretty much, on both counts.

you guys love to put miles on your car for the sake of doing so....i need to make it to one of these events so i can see what the fuss is over.
In all seriousness, yes indeed you do. We just get together and hang out, it's a lot of fun meeting up with folks that share the Pony love. If you are any kind of a gearhead the cruise-in is a must-see. Lots of incredible cars there and a lot of fun was had by all three of us.

The first GTG I attended was in Charlotte, seems like more than a year ago but that is all it was. Be wary, though, once you start you just won't be able to stop!

If you are going let me know, we'll find a place to link up for the drive. I met Clark in Mebane for the Dragon event and it worked pretty good, he's in Cary, too.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:03 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
It's just a good time with good people. This last time we did an awesome drive on some back roads, lunch on the highest peak east of the Mississippi, and check out cars. This next event will be a cruise in. checking out cars and hanging out then eat some food. I don't make all the events, but I do make some. The wives get along and the kids run around. The wives are talking about a Charleston, SC trip. They will shop and we will go cruising. (away from the shopping area) As for the miles on the car, it's my daily driver. Rain or shine I'm in the Mustang. Hell, the wife and I just did a round trip 1200 mile turn and burn for that Roush. Then we packed up the entire family and did the diamondback GTG. Really it's just a bunch of guys hanging out and sometimes we do something constructive, like plan a fund raiser for the Wounded Warrior Project that raised over $4000. The next big one is for St. Jude and it seems like Jayman is heading that one up. I guess it's not for everyone, but the wife likes going, I like going and the kids just like riding in the cars. LOL
Old 06-12-2012, 03:07 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
AND, we get to park in Mustang Alley. When was the last time anyone saw a 1969 Boss 429 survivor. We saw one last cruise-in, 60,000 miles and all original.
Or an original unrestored 1967 GT500? One of those there, too.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:28 PM
jayman33
Banned

I should be able to make this one.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
If you are any kind of a gearhead the cruise-in is a must-see.
well, i love cars. but gear head...probably not so much. I needed jayman to put in my CAI...so...yeah...

ive pretty much devoted my entire life learning how to avoid manual labor of any kind. my hands are as soft as a babys *** and i intend on keeping them that way. i would be the first one eaten in the event of the apocalypse since the only thing i could offer was guns, dog training and how to cook meat.....

i take that back. on paper, at least, it sounds like im a pretty darn good apocalyptic gang member.

which brings up a good idea....anyone here wanna go shooting sometime? I have access to acres upon acres of land here, near Raleigh. Lets do a Shoot-up....

Last edited by Order_66; 06-12-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

well, i love cars. but gear head...probably not so much. I needed jayman to put in my CAI...so...yeah...

ive pretty much devoted my entire life learning how to avoid manual labor of any kind. my hands are as soft as a babys *** and i intend on keeping them that way. i would be the first one eaten in the event of the apocalypse since the only thing i could offer was guns, dog training and how to cook meat.....

i take that back. on paper, at least, it sounds like im a pretty darn good apocalyptic gang member.
I like it!!

We'll try to get something going close by. I have no trouble hosting and I know Jason said he would like to host a BBQ too. If nothing else I think there is a cruise-in somewhere in Fayetteville once a month. I'll get with my buddy about it. I think a lot of guys from Horsepowerjunkies go there.

Last edited by Sleeper_GT; 06-12-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: More info
Old 06-12-2012, 07:05 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

charleston? best place ever. we go as much as we can. its my vacation of choice. but i love civil war stuff. if your not a huge civil war/history guy then charleston losses some points. but the downtown and beach still rocks.

as far as my comment, i know what goes on and why, at least i have some idea. its just i thought that the people who go to these where somewhat local to the event site. i had no idea people where driving across the state almost.

i like to drive my car too so ill have to come out one of these times. i will admit, i dont have the gumption to drive all day tho. ill need to wait for a somewhat local event.

its amazing to see the friendships you guys have formed. thats pretty cool for sure. im all about that. ill need to meet you guys.

Charleston has to be my wife's favorite destination, she loves to wander the shops on King Street. And there is always a good meal or two when there.

It was quite surprising to see the cars in Lenoir from out of state. Naturally we had local cars, but there were many from South Carolina and Tennessee.

Quick Reply: Lenoir Cruise-In July 7th