Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Fox News Airs video of suicide

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
It could be traumatizing to viewers.. I dunno, I could see some viewers being upset about it, not many people are ever witness (through video or in person) to a death in reality. Movies and such aren't the same.
If you are old enough, and care enough, to watch the news then I would think you should be able to handle that little scene without being so troubled you would breakdown and your life crumble before you. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but maybe I'm just numb to it since it has no direct impact in or on my life. Especially now that we don't have to float the bill for what would have been his prison term.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:08 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
If you are old enough, and care enough, to watch the news then I would think you should be able to handle that little scene without being so troubled you would breakdown and your life crumble before you. I'm not trying to be insensitive, but maybe I'm just numb to it since it has no direct impact in or on my life. Especially now that we don't have to float the bill for what would have been his prison term.
Trust me I completely agree... Unfortunately not everyone thinks like us, I dunno it's annoying how some people react sometimes..
Old 09-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRexGAWD
Trust me I completely agree... Unfortunately not everyone thinks like us, I dunno it's annoying how some people react sometimes..
Yep..
Old 09-28-2012, 08:17 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I had to watch it 3 or 4 times and really think about this. When he shot himself, you see his shoulders kind of squueze in (like in massive pain... think brain freeze but 10,000 times worse). That guys last experience on this earth was of sheer pain like he had never felt before. He was dead before he hit the ground but, for that one instant, it was his torture.

I don't know how people do **** like that to themselves but, no one should ever have to be so emotionally gone that they do this. And no one should ever have to witness it.

Unfortunately, we are all just another animal on this planet and bad things happen. True and pure peace and enjoyment and relaxation and calm in this life we live will never be seen or found, because it's not here to be found. If it exists at all, it's after we're gone from here.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Relaxation and calm is a state of mind and it's what you make of it in life.. Sounds cruel but I have absolutely no pitty or remorse for those that commit suicide.. I do for the families and "victims" it leaves behind but not for the individual.. I'm glad that he felt that "pain" that you say, it's a selfish act and should be painful...
Old 09-28-2012, 08:47 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Actually, I agree with you. Cowards IMO commit suicide. That being said, no one should ever have to be in that emotional state.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

It's permanent solution to a temporary problem. I had a buddy do it and I just don't understand why.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

This sound heartless but as someone in LE Im glad he didnt get in a shootout and take others with him and it saves me as a tax payer so I dont really feel that bad for the guy. Not sure what was going on with his life that caused him to run in the first place but WE shouldnt have to pay for him to sit in prison so "thanks" I guess to the guy.

Matthew
Old 09-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Knightmare63

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
It's permanent solution to a temporary problem. I had a buddy do it and I just don't understand why.
Completely agree.