Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Had some mods done to my GT500 today

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Nice! That is something that us 5.0 guys can't get is crazy torque numbers.

Kind of curious about the handling if the extra weight up front makes it that much more difficult or if its just that there is so much power that you accelerate faster and therefore spend more time on the brakes recovering through the corners. Heard a few people who tried the shelbys and weren't impressed because of that.

Not really sure on the handling part yet. i haven't really pushed it curve wise. Feels tight to me, but honestly, does not feel a "nimble" as my IS350 with springs/sways felt. Probably the weight difference.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT500Steve
Lol... I won't lie, my car is a LOT of fun. Sometimes a handful, but always fun!!

Mooresville is a MUCH better track that Shadyside is now. I would love to go to Mooresville, but I amdone for the year. I have actually even sold the track wheel/tire setup off my car. Plan is order some new Weld RTS wheels for the strip, Fresh drag radials, install a MSD two-step to help control the launches better, and go with some QA1 adjustable shocks an struts to help with weight transfer and get the 60ft down where they should be. Probably be mid Feb. before it is ready to go back to the track. If you go let me know how it does!!! It will take you a litte bit to get used to it though, they are a handful to launch and get movng in a straight line down the track.
Definitely let me know how the 2 step works out. I read somewhere where a 2 step.. or was it stutter box? cant remember, but it could hurt the GT500 motor.. might have been stutterbox. I would like to get something like the 2 step setup too. I also plan on putting a line lock in this winter, and getting the Speed of Sound Cup Holder plate, and put the switch in there.

Working my way down my list little by little. Considering a WOT Box too.. but not sure about that yet. I forsee a fun racing year next year.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

That is a nice graph. And what a beautiful sound it makes too.

Prodyno records all of their dyno sessions too.

Here's yours
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/27649285
Old 12-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Steve...Let me know when you are ready for Weld wheels. We have them too.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:10 AM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Steve...Let me know when you are ready for Weld wheels. We have them too.
I was planning on it. As soon as I figure out if I want the polished or black centers I will shoot you the part numbers so you can get me a price.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 AM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Definitely let me know how the 2 step works out. I read somewhere where a 2 step.. or was it stutter box? cant remember, but it could hurt the GT500 motor.. might have been stutterbox. I would like to get something like the 2 step setup too. I also plan on putting a line lock in this winter, and getting the Speed of Sound Cup Holder plate, and put the switch in there.

Working my way down my list little by little. Considering a WOT Box too.. but not sure about that yet. I forsee a fun racing year next year.
The WOT box and the two step are basically the same thing. The WOT box is a 2 step and also has the "no lift shift" feature that cuts the ignition while shifting so your foot never comes off the gas during shifts. The MSD two step is just the rev limiter at the starting line, doesn't cut ignition during shifts.... but my foot doesn't come off the gas anyway. I am going with the MSD simply because it is a LOT easier to hook up. The WOT box has WAY too many wires for me lol.

They can both cause damage IF the car still has converters. Basically, the whole time you are on the two step it is just dumping raw fuel in the cylinders, which can stop up the catalytic converters, and eventually BOOM. Thats the only real engine risk associated with them, of course there is always the drivetrain shock and posible breakage there.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
That is a nice graph. And what a beautiful sound it makes too.

Prodyno records all of their dyno sessions too.

Here's yours
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/27649285
Sweet I didn't know they recorded too.. I made short pull vids on my phone. I'll check the link out

Edit: The site is cool. Wish it had better sound though.. didn't even hear the supercharger on the pulls. Pretty neat though.

Last edited by Poppacapp; 12-12-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT500Steve
The WOT box and the two step are basically the same thing. The WOT box is a 2 step and also has the "no lift shift" feature that cuts the ignition while shifting so your foot never comes off the gas during shifts. The MSD two step is just the rev limiter at the starting line, doesn't cut ignition during shifts.... but my foot doesn't come off the gas anyway. I am going with the MSD simply because it is a LOT easier to hook up. The WOT box has WAY too many wires for me lol.

They can both cause damage IF the car still has converters. Basically, the whole time you are on the two step it is just dumping raw fuel in the cylinders, which can stop up the catalytic converters, and eventually BOOM. Thats the only real engine risk associated with them, of course there is always the drivetrain shock and posible breakage there.
So.. school me on this foot down all the time shifting Would like to try that as long as no damage would occur. Hopefully will have cat-less H-pipe by start of next season.

Also decided to work saturday... christmas cash... can't pass up overtime. So might just get the car fully together for next season.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Yeah. The recordings they make aren't theater quality. Lol
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
So.. school me on this foot down all the time shifting Would like to try that as long as no damage would occur. Hopefully will have cat-less H-pipe by start of next season.

Also decided to work saturday... christmas cash... can't pass up overtime. So might just get the car fully together for next season.
Wish that was the case for me, but there isnt any overtime. The shifting is really easy, just gotta be really fast! Lol no get the box or you will eventually break something.

Quick Reply: Had some mods done to my GT500 today