Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Had some mods done to my GT500 today

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Default Had some mods done to my GT500 today

Hey all,

Went to Pro Dyno today and had some mods done to my car. Metco 2.6 pulley, 90mm Idler pulley, Ford Racing Resonator Delete, NGK TR6 plugs, MGW Shifter, and dyno tune.

Previous stock dyno #'s were 510hp/499tq, and I was able to get 571hp/587tq out of it today. Pretty satisfied, and it feels much stronger. The MGW Shifter is awesome.. I love it. Might go out in a few mins and waste some more gas.

Here is a quick video I did of one of the pulls today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D09gmeMt_Ow
Old 12-11-2012, 05:08 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Awesome numbers Mike, can't believe the torque.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Right on!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Hey all,

Went to Pro Dyno today and had some mods done to my car. Metco 2.6 pulley, 90mm Idler pulley, Ford Racing Resonator Delete, NGK TR6 plugs, MGW Shifter, and dyno tune.

Previous stock dyno #'s were 510hp/499tq, and I was able to get 571hp/587tq out of it today. Pretty satisfied, and it feels much stronger. The MGW Shifter is awesome.. I love it. Might go out in a few mins and waste some more gas.

Here is a quick video I did of one of the pulls today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D09gmeMt_Ow
Congrats!! Welcome to the addiction lol.... With the Nittos and the new power I guarantee you will have more fun at the track next time.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM
hwm3
3rd Gear Member

Very nice. I bet you're happy.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT500Steve
Congrats!! Welcome to the addiction lol.... With the Nittos and the new power I guarantee you will have more fun at the track next time.
I was just thinking Steve... as good as my car feels right now... I could not IMAGINE how yours feels on the street with 180 more horses... must be unreal.

BTW, I am doublechecking, but I heard Mooresville Dragway is still running as long as weather is good.. this weekend is supposed to be nice.. I may just not volunteer for saturday overtime and go. Moorseville is generally a MUCH better prepped track than Shadyside I have heard.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Awesome numbers Mike, can't believe the torque.
Thanks.. yeah the torque surprised me. It is a stone flat line from 3000rpm range to near 4500 then starts to drop. Power feels really good through the mid range. Even with the drag radials, 1st spins and if I hit 2nd hard I have to feather the spin out.. 3rd and 4th hit pretty hard. I am "sassified"

Here is the graph:

Old 12-11-2012, 09:09 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Nice! That is something that us 5.0 guys can't get is crazy torque numbers.

Kind of curious about the handling if the extra weight up front makes it that much more difficult or if its just that there is so much power that you accelerate faster and therefore spend more time on the brakes recovering through the corners. Heard a few people who tried the shelbys and weren't impressed because of that.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I was just thinking Steve... as good as my car feels right now... I could not IMAGINE how yours feels on the street with 180 more horses... must be unreal.

BTW, I am doublechecking, but I heard Mooresville Dragway is still running as long as weather is good.. this weekend is supposed to be nice.. I may just not volunteer for saturday overtime and go. Moorseville is generally a MUCH better prepped track than Shadyside I have heard.
Lol... I won't lie, my car is a LOT of fun. Sometimes a handful, but always fun!!

Mooresville is a MUCH better track that Shadyside is now. I would love to go to Mooresville, but I amdone for the year. I have actually even sold the track wheel/tire setup off my car. Plan is order some new Weld RTS wheels for the strip, Fresh drag radials, install a MSD two-step to help control the launches better, and go with some QA1 adjustable shocks an struts to help with weight transfer and get the 60ft down where they should be. Probably be mid Feb. before it is ready to go back to the track. If you go let me know how it does!!! It will take you a litte bit to get used to it though, they are a handful to launch and get movng in a straight line down the track.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Nice! That is something that us 5.0 guys can't get is crazy torque numbers.

Kind of curious about the handling if the extra weight up front makes it that much more difficult or if its just that there is so much power that you accelerate faster and therefore spend more time on the brakes recovering through the corners. Heard a few people who tried the shelbys and weren't impressed because of that.
I looked at a new 5.0 before I bought my 07. I was (and still am) super impressed with the 5.0s, but the deciding factor for me was how easy it is to squeeze power out of the 5.4. It is really ridiculous how well they respond to mods... already having the blower it is just areally good platform to start with.

As for handling, the 2007-2010 cars are indeed nose heavy. I didn't ever see it until VIR, but the combo of a heavy front end, and a high torque output doesn't mix well. The 2011 & up cars have an aluninum block and updated suspension, so it shaves almost 150 lbs off the nose, making them handle MUCH better.

I have a good friend with a 2011, and when I drive his I am amazed at how much better it responds and handles. It really makes mine feel like an old school muscle car, but thats what I like, so it works for me lol.

Quick Reply: Had some mods done to my GT500 today