Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Car Show and AutoX in Clemson

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 07:46 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
I think you can leave it on, but if your autoX times are lousy we're obviously blaming it on your choice of school allegiance.
Says the guy with a garnet car lol. Just wondering about the location because the clemson campus is kinda off the beaten path. Owell, if you build it they will come.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:53 AM
95 BLOWN GT
5th Gear Member

sounds like a cool event.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Clemson is 15 minutes off of 85! Not really off the beaten path if you're in the upstate.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:25 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

My mistake, zoomed too far out on the map. Only been up there once about 10 years ago.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

You're missing out! Congrats on the bowl win by the way, although I have zero idea what that corner was doing on the last touchdown pass!

Still no new updates on the date of this. I'll keep everyone updated as I get information.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:17 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

So did Clemson. Even if we hadn't won, we still had this, minus the explosion. http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7e5d8075.gif
Old 01-15-2013, 10:13 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

The first meeting of the Clemson Sports Car Club is tomorrow evening. So I'm planning on attending that.

There were also rumblings of a scenic run in the works for them. So maybe we could team up on a TOTD run too. I'll let everyone know if there are any plan advancements though.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Okay, got all the details that are available up to this point, on this event and potential others.

First off, for those interested, the AutoX dates for the Clemson Sports Car Club (which are nationally recognized events as far as I remember) are:

January 26th
February 9th
March 9th

Also, for those in the Greenville, SC area, there is a Cars and Coffee on February 23rd.

Now for the Clemson Motorsports Festival. This event is 95% ready to take off, the only thing pending is the confirmation on the parking lot that we will be using for it. The details thus far are as follows:

Saturday, April 20th
Greenville, SC

So, this is good news for the NC crew, as it is about 30 minutes closer to ya'll down 85. The event is planned to be held on the Greenville Tech campus. It will also be a "charity" event. Greenville Cars and Coffee is running the car show, and CSCC is running the AutoX. They are covering their own costs, and then all the proceeds will be going to create a scholarship fund to allow underprivileged students a chance to attend Shop School at Greenville Tech. It's a different way of doing the charity part of it, but I think it's a really cool concept.

I offered our support wherever they need it, and told them I think we can provide a good turnout from our crew. In the past this event has been in Clemson and has been moderately successful, but they are thinking with the move to the larger city, and the incorporation of Cars and Coffee (they are changing the date of their monthly event to this date and combining the two) they will be looking at 500+ cars and 1,000+ people.

Due to these numbers, it'd be prudent for us to go ahead and start planning for this. They are going to limit the number of spots for the AutoX so that everyone gets an ample number of runs for their money. We have time, but if when you find out if you can attend, please go ahead and let me know. I'll get more information on the pricing, but it depends on what parts of the day you want to take part in. If we get 20 cars for the show, I can get us some perks including a block of parking spots so we can set up a club display. Jason/JJ, if ya'll would be interested I have some information on setting up a vendor booth, just shoot me a PM.

I think that is close to everything I know, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Oh, and they are interested in teaming up with us for a Dragon run sometime soon. They don't really like heading up open road events because, as a Clemson organization, if they get speeding tickets or the like while out as a group, they can get in trouble with the school, but they said they'd bite at the opportunity to attend one of our events as a "group of friends driving to a location that they want to look at."

I hope a lot of people can come down for the Motorsports Festival. It seems like a great time and a chance to get our name out as well as to dip our feet into a new type of competition for our cars.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

I forgot who it was...but someone was asking about this at Dana's so I figured I'd bump it up. I'll copy the info into the first post.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by HT
Oh, and they are interested in teaming up with us for a Dragon run sometime soon. They don't really like heading up open road events because, as a Clemson organization, if they get speeding tickets or the like while out as a group, they can get in trouble with the school, but they said they'd bite at the opportunity to attend one of our events as a "group of friends driving to a location that they want to look at."
I know this is probably common practice for schools but that seems a little over the top to me.

Back on topic. I will talk this over with the wife. I doubt I'll do the autoX but it would be great to attend.

keep us posted!

Quick Reply: Car Show and AutoX in Clemson