Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
So I'm a little PO'd right now. I went to get the two right side wheels cured of the curb rash and also have the right rear wheel straightened to get rid of the side-to-side wobble it's had for a little over a year.

A little background. I bought the tires from the Ford dealer when I had them replaced and thats when the wobble came up. I took it back immediately and they couldn't find anything wrong and blamed a bent rim, at which point they went into "not our fault" mode and wouldn't do anything else. At that point I decided I won't buy another tire from Ford, ever.

Anyhow, they get done with the wheels and I asked how bad the wheel was bent and they say "It wasn't."

I look at the tires and on the left rear there is a band about 2-3" wide on the inside of the tire that is worn smooth about 1/3 of the way around, the rest of the tread looks fine. Bottom line, the tire on the left rear was bad when it went on the car.

So, I stopped into the Pep Boys and they bent over backwards to get and install two Hankook 245/45-19 Ventus V12s on the rear and the wobble is completely gone. A little sooner than I wanted to replace tires, and now I really need to replace the front tires so they are worn evenly but the cheapskate in me really hates to replace them when they are not bad. Needs to be done though.

Taxes have been filed and I have a pretty good refund coming back. Not quite what I intended to do with it, but what the hell, I was going to spend some money with Hypermotive anyway...whaddaya say guys, what kind of price can you get me on a pair of Hankook Ventus V12s in 245/45-19?
All of you that were at my GTG in Jan saw the condition my tires were in just after 8,000 miles. WELL... after a month of messing with the Ford dealership and Pirelli, my tires have been ordered and will be in by Tues or Wed. But Pirelli first said those tires were discontinued... and were deciding which tire to order for me, They called me yesterday and said they have found a set of the P Zero's (same as I had) ... so I asked if they felt comfortable putting the same garbage tires on my car???? We'll see how they are when they get them on, but if they don't perform they will be going back immediately!!!! Time to get ready for the G-Boro run!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO
Old 03-09-2013, 07:22 AM
jayman33
Banned

lol, awesome Kevin.

I'm raising my car about an 1/2 inch for the 2 1/2 drive the the boro. Jeff..... John..... you guys sleeping? Wakey wakey!

Larry I'll shoot you a price on the tires.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:31 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Widow Maker
All of you that were at my GTG in Jan saw the condition my tires were in just after 8,000 miles. WELL... after a month of messing with the Ford dealership and Pirelli, my tires have been ordered and will be in by Tues or Wed. But Pirelli first said those tires were discontinued... and were deciding which tire to order for me, They called me yesterday and said they have found a set of the P Zero's (same as I had) ... so I asked if they felt comfortable putting the same garbage tires on my car???? We'll see how they are when they get them on, but if they don't perform they will be going back immediately!!!! Time to get ready for the G-Boro run!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO
Wonder how old those tires will be? Tires have a shelf life and and they also have a manufactured date on the tire. Be worth checking the new ones out before they go on..
Old 03-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Wonder how old those tires will be? Tires have a shelf life and and they also have a manufactured date on the tire. Be worth checking the new ones out before they go on..
I already told him that we would be discussing the production dates when I get up there... I would rather put some Nitto's on her, but I will take a free set of tires... I may be crazy, but I am not dumb!!! LOL
Old 03-09-2013, 07:43 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

I already told him that we would be discussing the production dates when I get up there... I would rather put some Nitto's on her, but I will take a free set of tires... I may be crazy, but I am not dumb!!! LOL
You can be both if you want to.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:49 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
You can be both if you want to.
I know that's right!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
So does this mean the others don't have to be fixed? I can still try btw, then you can sell them.

Alan are the borla's closer to that roush sound you wanted?
Yes they are Clint.

Originally Posted by kzonts
Just to clear the suspense since I know everyone is wondering what I'm working on. :-)

I'll be fertilizing my lawn and trimming bushes either this weekend or next. I plan to attach the fertilizer hopper to the Stang and drive around the lawn. LOL! Hopefully there won't be any calls from work to distract me.
You gotta post some pics of a fertilzer spreading Stang. I imagine there will be some fertilizer spreading today at Smokey Bones.............

Glad they are helping you out Dana. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by jayman33
lol, awesome Kevin.

I'm raising my car about an 1/2 inch for the 2 1/2 drive the the boro. Jeff..... John..... you guys sleeping? Wakey wakey!

Larry I'll shoot you a price on the tires.
We are up. Coffee is brewing.

Damn Hotchkis crossbrace!!!

Headers are on. Had a few snags that took us a little longer but we only put 8 hours in last night.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by clowe1965
So does this mean the others don't have to be fixed? I can still try btw, then you can sell them.

Alan are the borla's closer to that roush sound you wanted?
That is up to you Clint. I am not going to run them but if you want to practice on them that's cool
Old 03-09-2013, 05:53 PM
hue001t

Started a A/C delete today, first work of any kind that I've done in the front of the car went fairly smooth. Learned the lesson that the tool to take off the A/C lines is much easier...

Quick Reply: What are you working on?