Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Old 12-25-2016, 12:39 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Dan, what's the HP ratings on it?
New Scat Packs have the 6.4. Rated at 485hp/475tq. I'll be running number at the dealer tomorrow or Friday.

If things go well hopefully will order it.

I love my new Mustang but miss having 4 doors. Now I just have to sell my car lol.
Old 12-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
Hey gang,
Hope everyone is well...
Been a lot going on this past year. Had to sell my house for various reasons (turned out to be a HUGE profit), now back to apartment living until the job opens the store in Wilmington and I can get relocated and have our house built.

In between all of that, i've been helping a friend restore an 88 Fox. We're pretty much done other than a few tuning issues and some other upgrades that will be added over the next year or so...
A couple of pics of the finished project. It started off life as Shadow Grey, was shade tree painted white, been thru 3 engines and about a dozen corn fields before we rescued it. Engine was completely replaced with a 347 stroker and some mild upgrades. All of the body kit and interior is original, we splurged on a new front bumper, Cowl hood (owner found it at a swap meet for $200) and side moldings and all of the necessary insulation/trim wear items.

So with that project done...i've moved onto another!
Picked up this 03 Lightning on the 16th. 122K mi, been sitting for over 2 years. Last owner only put 100 miles on it!!
Seat skins have been replaced and 3 panels repainted. I looked at the truck in May, estimating detail work prior to sell, the owner took my advice and had everything I mentioned repaired. It went up for sale in Sept with only 1 interested party prior to me buying it. Got SUPER lucky!!

Damn you have been busy. Nice Lightning! Nice to see you around.
Old 12-25-2016, 09:04 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
New Scat Packs have the 6.4. Rated at 485hp/475tq. I'll be running number at the dealer tomorrow or Friday.

If things go well hopefully will order it.

I love my new Mustang but miss having 4 doors. Now I just have to sell my car lol.
Wassup Dan!

Just a small observation here, since i've been in the used car business now for 2 years....

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FIAT! This includes Chrysler, Jeep & Dodge (Which Fiat bought in 2009)
Their resale value is the worst in the industry, reliability and dependability aren't too far behind. Chryslers and Dodges are still suffering from sluggish and terribly built transmissions. The only thing really keeping them afloat is they supply a vast majority of the police cars in the US, but talk to any Police/Patrol Mechanic and they'll tell you the fleet is being serviced more than it's on the road.
Only thing i'd recommend from Fiat is Dodge trucks.
Admittedly, their redesign on the Dart & Charger is very cool, but it's not enough to ever want to own one.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:18 AM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Wassup Dan!

Just a small observation here, since i've been in the used car business now for 2 years....

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FIAT! This includes Chrysler, Jeep & Dodge (Which Fiat bought in 2009)
Their resale value is the worst in the industry, reliability and dependability aren't too far behind. Chryslers and Dodges are still suffering from sluggish and terribly built transmissions. The only thing really keeping them afloat is they supply a vast majority of the police cars in the US, but talk to any Police/Patrol Mechanic and they'll tell you the fleet is being serviced more than it's on the road.
Only thing i'd recommend from Fiat is Dodge trucks.
Admittedly, their redesign on the Dart & Charger is very cool, but it's not enough to ever want to own one.
Thanks Clark,

It's funny, I've heard for years people saying this about Dodge and it's family.

I've had 3 new Jeeps since 2008 including 2 Grand Cherokees (2008 and 2011) and my wife's current 2015 Cherokee and my 2014 Ram 1500. Never had an issue. I still can't find out what all the complaints are about the 9 speed in the Cherokee either. Ours has been flawless. Ford has been great to me as well with all my cars. It just sucks Ford doesn't have a sedan that fits for me. The only manufacturer I have had constant issues with has been GM.

Again my observations and prior experiences, but to be honest how many V8 RWD 4 door sedans are left? Basically I'm down to Dodge Charger/Chrysler 300 or Chevrolet SS.

If Ford had made a Falcon in the US like Australia had I would be driving that.

I appreciate the input and it's not even 100% I will be moving on from the Mustang.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:55 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

I hear you...Every manufacturer has their issues, some more glaring than others. There's lots to like and dislike about all of them...and you're right. Sometimes "What's available" vs. "What's practical" can make all the difference in what you buy. With all the cars i'm in/out of and around all day, it's easy to see why people like Toyota, Honda & Nissan.
We resell more Nissan Altimas than anything and they are still prone to transmission issues around 50-60k. I guess i have an advantage in the "don't need to be so picky/needs" area, since i don't have kids...lol. I can laugh tho, because we've hauled mulch, christmas trees and rolling toolboxes in the mustangs.

I could also point to the fact that most of my opinion is based off of the 100's of cars i move around our facility on a weekly basis. You get to see and feel just about every varying degree of wear-n-tear from a year old car to ones with 100K.
Half of the time i have to shake my head because the car only has 25000 miles and the brakes are so worn you're scared it won't stop, or the slipped transmissions @ 30k, or the cars that don't like to go backwards unless the gas pedal is to the floor...
Cars in general seem to be a disposable investment. One problem and it's not "lets fix it" more like "Lets trade it in"
Old 12-27-2016, 04:07 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

I hear you...Every manufacturer has their issues, some more glaring than others. There's lots to like and dislike about all of them...and you're right. Sometimes "What's available" vs. "What's practical" can make all the difference in what you buy. With all the cars i'm in/out of and around all day, it's easy to see why people like Toyota, Honda & Nissan.
We resell more Nissan Altimas than anything and they are still prone to transmission issues around 50-60k. I guess i have an advantage in the "don't need to be so picky/needs" area, since i don't have kids...lol. I can laugh tho, because we've hauled mulch, christmas trees and rolling toolboxes in the mustangs.

I could also point to the fact that most of my opinion is based off of the 100's of cars i move around our facility on a weekly basis. You get to see and feel just about every varying degree of wear-n-tear from a year old car to ones with 100K.
Half of the time i have to shake my head because the car only has 25000 miles and the brakes are so worn you're scared it won't stop, or the slipped transmissions @ 30k, or the cars that don't like to go backwards unless the gas pedal is to the floor...
Cars in general seem to be a disposable investment. One problem and it's not "lets fix it" more like "Lets trade it in"
Ha I agree with you. I may end up just keeping the car all depends on numbers. Funny thing about the brakes. My brother has a coworker with a brand new C class Mercedes. Has 14,000 miles and is on it's 3rd set of brakes. She basically drives with one foot on each pedal.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:41 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
...My brother has a coworker with a brand new C class Mercedes. Has 14,000 miles and is on it's 3rd set of brakes. She basically drives with one foot on each pedal.
^^This right there, all day long! lol
Old 12-28-2016, 09:21 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

I can't remember if i posted it, but Jessie and I got into a wreck a few weeks back with her jeep. Guy pulled across traffic in the rain. Anyway she's got a new bumper and "fog" lights, fender flares and the steering has been adjusted. Ended up with the axle slightly shifting to the passenger side due to a frame bracket bending, but since i lifted it and it moved it to the driver's side it's now centered without even using an adjustable track bar haha.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:46 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Glad you guys are ok
Old 12-28-2016, 03:52 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

My Wrangler is going for sale as soon as I get a VIN on the Raptor. Just sayin...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What are you working on?