Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

What are you working on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 09:21 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

I took this week off so I'll be working on the bathroom, I hope to have the new shower completely operational by the end of the week.

But in the meantime, I've had a floor door actuator going clickety clickety click for a while now, so I decided to replace it. Beware, if you get it aftermarket it won't fit; the one they say is good for the floor physically will not fit into the space behind the floor duct. Get it from Ford, it's about twice as much but at least it will fit. The aftermarket one looks like it would work for the defrost door.

It took a bit of work with an 8mm wrench because the bottom bolt is one of those you can see just fine but doesn't have the clearance for a socket, fortunately the bolts are threaded for plastic so they don't take a great deal of turning to take them all the way off or put them all the way back in. Then, out with fuse 15 (under the passenger side kick panel) for about a minute, put the fuse back in and turn the key on for about a minute, and the clicking is all gone.

Next car project will be getting the rear window defroster to work, and one of these days I have to put a new top on it...but what the heck, no one sees the mess around the back window when the top is down.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:07 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
I took this week off so I'll be working on the bathroom, I hope to have the new shower completely operational by the end of the week.

But in the meantime, I've had a floor door actuator going clickety clickety click for a while now, so I decided to replace it. Beware, if you get it aftermarket it won't fit; the one they say is good for the floor physically will not fit into the space behind the floor duct. Get it from Ford, it's about twice as much but at least it will fit. The aftermarket one looks like it would work for the defrost door.

It took a bit of work with an 8mm wrench because the bottom bolt is one of those you can see just fine but doesn't have the clearance for a socket, fortunately the bolts are threaded for plastic so they don't take a great deal of turning to take them all the way off or put them all the way back in. Then, out with fuse 15 (under the passenger side kick panel) for about a minute, put the fuse back in and turn the key on for about a minute, and the clicking is all gone.

Next car project will be getting the rear window defroster to work, and one of these days I have to put a new top on it...but what the heck, no one sees the mess around the back window when the top is down.
How many miles have you got on her now?
Old 04-16-2017, 09:08 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

125K. It's not gaining mileage as quickly these days because we drive Mary's car when we're going distance now for the economy.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:33 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

That's only 121k more than I have on mine Larry.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:34 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
125K. It's not gaining mileage as quickly these days because we drive Mary's car when we're going distance now for the economy.
Wow. It seems like yesterday you were crossing the 60k mark.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Ecoboost torture test today. Yes I am towing that semi, and yes it is loaded.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:37 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Well, is it everything Ford says it is?
Old 04-17-2017, 11:12 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Considering I had to go from a dead stop, around a corner, and then down the highway, I'd say it did pretty good. Couldn't do it in 4low, for some reason I couldn't wrap it up (maybe too much weight?). Felt like I could've gone pretty fast, got up to 35.

P.S. You don't want to know what kind of punishment it took on the way to and from the truck (foggy morning and I didn't want it sitting in the highway).
Old 04-18-2017, 09:00 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

I broke down once(dropped an injector and it filled the crankcase full of diesel) on a 9% grade. I told the tow truck guy I was loaded and weighed 85000..the idiot brought a single axle wrecker.. He smoked the brakes and caught the left rear on fire on his wrecker..
He then had to call two wreckers.. One to tow me and one to tow him
Old 04-26-2017, 09:46 PM
Shellback
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DK Pony
I broke down once(dropped an injector and it filled the crankcase full of diesel) on a 9% grade. I told the tow truck guy I was loaded and weighed 85000..the idiot brought a single axle wrecker.. He smoked the brakes and caught the left rear on fire on his wrecker..
He then had to call two wreckers.. One to tow me and one to tow him
LOL

Quick Reply: What are you working on?