Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Playing with the GoPro

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cockygt500
HWM3 have you tried the mounts that go on the outside of the car? I have been reading that they don't hold good. I am wanting to get a cam for when I get home with my car but trying to figure out which will be best. I want something with good sound on the videos also. Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
They hold up just fine...I was up to 125MPH today @ our VIR event...camera still stuck to car

Originally Posted by amyhughes
I'd like to set one up looking over my shoulder to include the instrument cluster but I don't know how to mount it there.
Amy...i think they make a clamp attachment...try lifting your headrest and using those posts to hold it in place, then just point the camera at the dash
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Poppacapp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by amyhughes
I'd like to set one up looking over my shoulder to include the instrument cluster but I don't know how to mount it there.
http://shop.bobsautosports.com/Headr...mera-Mount.htm

Looks like a nice mount.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:29 AM
Cockygt500
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Guys. I think I will have this waiting on me at home too. Should have alot more pics and videos come July. Oooooh hurry up already. lol.

Those G8s are crazy.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:08 AM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
It should be for $150

Thanks. I was thinking of building something like that. My reservation is that it doesn't look crash-safe, particularly for the passenger.

Last edited by amyhughes; 04-04-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Don't worry about it being mounted outside. It will make it.

Is that the same car that beat me...Stupid no traction, stock shifter crap...LOL
Yeah and he's much faster now too. His car is a beast and makes me miss mine. He's adding a stall this weekend, so it's going to be going low 11's.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Yeah and he's much faster now too. His car is a beast and makes me miss mine. He's adding a stall this weekend, so it's going to be going low 11's.
I think I'm good for the low 11's with street tires, faster if I were to use DR's. When it warms up I think I'll be able to hook up the street tires.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
I think I'm good for the low 11's with street tires, faster if I were to use DR's. When it warms up I think I'll be able to hook up the street tires.
Not really with those all seasons you have. I don't see you hooking well at all.

I hope you can. With hooking and good shifting I think you can get to the high 10's.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Not really with those all seasons you have. I don't see you hooking well at all.

I hope you can. With hooking and good shifting I think you can get to the high 10's.
That's what I'm trying for. I think that would be pretty frick'n cool, low 11 or 10.99 on street tires. The only reason I think I'll be able to hook better will be warmer weather and the loss of some low end torque after the LT install. We'll see.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

I don't see how you lost low end torque with the headers. It will be interesting to see!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

It's normal to loose some low end with long tubes...I know I gained HP and everything up top. I'm putting it on the Dyno at the April Fundraiser...We'll find out then.

EDIT: And if I didn't loose low end torque then the LT made it easier to manage.

Quick Reply: Playing with the GoPro