Old 05-01-2013, 02:27 PM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Hi, welcome .
Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by '88FoxLX
thanks jeffk. I'm from greenville, sc and currently live in clemson, attending school
Clemson just put an autox event on up in greenville, you missed it by a week.

Jeff I don't have a problem with Clemson, we just don't get along in November, and that color starts to burn your eyes after looking at it too long.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:19 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Welcome! As has already been said, I'm a Clemson student myself. How's exam week treating you?
Old 05-01-2013, 05:54 PM
'88FoxLX

exams haven't been to bad. i had one last week, exempted one, and had two monday. feels good to be done though. now focusing on getting one of those summer jobs so i can address a couple problems with the new car. exhaust leak, small oil leak that I've yet to look for. and really need some new front tires. any suggestions on some good aggressive front tires that won't hydroplane every time i hit ⅛" of water?
Old 05-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

exams haven't been to bad. i had one last week, exempted one, and had two monday. feels good to be done though. now focusing on getting one of those summer jobs so i can address a couple problems with the new car. exhaust leak, small oil leak that I've yet to look for. and really need some new front tires. any suggestions on some good aggressive front tires that won't hydroplane every time i hit ⅛" of water?
I'm a big fan of the Hankook V12s, but there are a bunch of great tires out there, just avoid anything with Goodyear in the name...

Welcome to the forums and great looking car you have!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:47 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Welcome aboard, really glad to have you with us. Love your car, hope to see it one of these days.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:05 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Great looking Blue Fox...
Old 05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Second the hankooks, I"ve only had them a week and think they are great. Assuming the leak isnt coming from your drain plug, it is probably the rear main seal. If you ever need help just post up something about food and we will have your car up and half disassembled before its done cooking. You should ask JJ (Sleeper_GT) about the exhaust leak, word on the street is he is really good at finding them.

Last edited by clowe1965; 05-01-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 PM
BlkPnthr
2nd Gear Member

I am in the same boat in looking for tires soon. I have heard about some good things about the Bridgestone Potenza S-04s.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
'88FoxLX

thanks for the suggestions ill look into the hankooks and the potenzas. the exhaust leak is coming from between the collector and the exhaust pipe on the passenger side. i plan on getting a full exhaust on it soon so I'm not gonna worry about it. i was thinking and off road x-pipe with flowmaster 40 series mufflers. see any problems with that? pretty sure the oil leak is the rear main but i haven't really looked at it that close yet.

ill most likely come to some of the cruise ins and events but doubt ill participate in the auto-x yet. need to get way more comfortable driving. but maybe one day. do y'all have any kind of meetings throughout the year? when is the next scheduled event close by?

Quick Reply: New to the Forum and Mustangs