Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Anyone had to get your hood redone due to corrosion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

I had the same problem on my 08 vert, I was going to have the hood repainted but I traded it.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Fast droptop

Damn, I should of just left it alone. Got a call from the service manager at Ford and he said the body shop wasn't happy with the outcome of the paint. Says the hood and fenders look "ok" but they don't match the bumper. Now they are having to do it all over again this time not going by the paint code but doing a color match on it. I'm praying this works cause I'll be pissed if it's not 100% correct. I should of known that tri-color wasn't gonna match.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:38 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Sorry Matt, I know that must suck. Hopefully they will get you squared away soon. Still hope to meet you at one of our events.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:14 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Damn bro, I hope it gets worked out quick.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

That sucks. Color matching with colors like that is a bitch. Hopefully they get it right.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Fast droptop

Thanks y'all. I'm sure they will make it right. Just one of those things where it has to be the right guy for the right job. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Fast droptop

Oh and I'll get that sig fixed today. Just noticed it still has my old ride there lol.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fast droptop
Oh and I'll get that sig fixed today. Just noticed it still has my old ride there lol.
Now that....is funny. LOL
Old 06-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Fast droptop

Well who wants a 2011 YB GT? Went to pick it up at the dealer only to find that they got trash in the hood and fender when it was painted, burned 5 spots in the paint with I'm guessing a porter cable/buffer, left overspray all over the car, left sanding dust inside the engine bay and on the engine which is caked on and in the creases of all the medal, left the back gasket to the hood along with the spray cleaner nozzles in the back seat, scraped my lower bumper on the black corners and f'd both sides up, and last but not least somehow chipped 6 spots under both taillights. My guess is some ******* tried to use a pressure washer on it and chipped the paint. I'm livid and beside myself as of now, not sure what to do. The service manager was shown everything and took it back to the Toyota Dealer. I'm still shocked by all of it. He's leaving town tomorrow for a week and has some guy filling in for him. I personally know the GM at the Ford Dealer so wondering if I should contact him tomorrow and let him know. I'm sick to my stomach right now. I should of just left it alone. What else do you guys think I need to watch for?
Old 06-20-2013, 05:20 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Call the GM, call Ford, call anyone you must to get resolution to your paint issues. I can't stand to see work like this, it kills me when people don't care.

Quick Reply: Anyone had to get your hood redone due to corrosion?