Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Anyone interested in starting a central to most meet-up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:34 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fedfireman
do you guys go to any of the other meets?

I just think if we had something small, organized by us, we could have a better presence.

ie. if everyone in the area shows up to a Carolina MF'ers meet up, then when the Fayetteville guys go to Cary, lenoir to Fayetteville, etc they would have something to look for.

I would go to the Coffee and Cars cruise-ins if I met up with someone, had a friend with me, or knew there was going to be a group to hang with.
Yeah, there's all kinds of meets around the area, but you can always call your own if you want and can get people to come. We have Cars and Coffee, Lenoir, Ponycars and Chicken, various "let's help install ____" meets, etc.

I've never done Lenoir because it's a bit far for me, but Ponycars and Chicken is right down the road in WF and Cars and Coffee is in Cary (though I haven't gone to that one yet, I'd like to). Hell, this Saturday is Cars and Coffee and it's my birthday. Maybe I'll roll out if I don't sleep in too much.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

I go to stuff all the time with the facebook groups, but that's more a local deal. When we go to cruise in and stuff like that we have meet up spots along the way so we all roll in and park together. I think that's what you are talking about or maybe i'm confused.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:03 PM
fedfireman
2nd Gear Member

That's exactly the end result I'd love to have Grover. I think if we met as a forum group that is how we would end up. Plus we could all connect our own local deals and have a much larger showing and more commeraderie
Old 10-31-2013, 01:06 PM
fedfireman
2nd Gear Member

My vision is,

There's an event in Fayetteville, so all the Wake county guys cruise down to Sanford or Lillington and meet there, then we all roll in to Fay together. Or vise-versa. And if there's a meet in Charlotte we all roll up there and cruise together etc. BUT also have a meet or two of our own just to build up lines of communication.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:21 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

yeah we pretty much do that already lol. Sometimes its hard to schedule though. Biggest problem we have is member participation, even on the forum itself. People come and get their number, and then disappear. Some are military and get shipped out. There are several threads, some are even still active, that were started by members who we havent heard from in over a year. We kind of do need some more organization. It's been brought up before about forming an official club, but not enough interest or lack of a starting direction has let it die.

Speaking of gtg, anyone up for a dragon run on the 3rd or 4th weekend of nov?
Old 10-31-2013, 01:31 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

I can go the 16th. Working the 9th.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:44 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

You could take a service call on the 9th .
Old 10-31-2013, 02:54 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

Not as much fun rolling the gap in my work van lol
Old 10-31-2013, 06:21 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

You'd be rolling, but not on your wheels Chad.

We've got the one meet in Charlotte this weekend. We pretty much need someone local to any of our GTG spots to scope out the food prospects, or something else going on (car show, curvy road, race track, or install/detail party).
Old 10-31-2013, 07:08 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

There may be a lot of listed members in the Fayetteville area, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only active member in Fayetteville/Raeford area. Most of the active members are in the Raleigh/Charlotte/High Point/Hickory NC area, Virginia (Long story), Columbia SC and surrounding area.

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in starting a central to most meet-up?