Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

New Stang Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 12:18 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default New Stang Opinions?

So, what are everyone's thoughts on the release? I actually like it but it's not near as radical as I thought it would be.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:12 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Well originally I hated it. Now it has actually grown on me quite a bit, I need to see it in person to fully make my opinion especially that rear end.

I love that the new 5.0 gets forged Boss internals, new cams, new IM and such. Should be a small but decent bump in power.

I love the new selectable drive settings, launch control, track apps standard, paddle shifters with rev match and a performance option for the auto with a 3.55 gear.

Looks like 6 piston brembo calipers now too.

I didn't see anything specifically mentioned about weight loss but everything is saying 200lbs, not 100% on this though.

If it's lighter plus all that and if the IRS is great, I say congratulations Ford!

Shame they killed Grabber Blue and Gotta have it Green.

I'll take mine in Competition Orange, automatic with perf package, and black wheels.

Hopefully price is comparable to what it is now and now I need to think!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

As of now I do not like it. We'll see after I see one in person, but it looks like they tried to incorporate every Mustang model ever made and added a dash of Euro trash. The motor upgrades are awesome and gives people the ability to build a HP monster, but again I really have to see one in person. Just really not impressed at this point.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:53 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

There are a couple of styling cues I wish they had kept, but overall...I think I could live with it, but I'm not ready to trade my GT/CS in for one yet.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Also just noticed.... YAY THEY GOT RID OF THE ANTENNA!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:12 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Also just noticed.... YAY THEY GOT RID OF THE ANTENNA!
Calm down Dan!!!...They just moved it to the roof...LOL
Old 12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member

Instead of sinking any money into a 2015 think I'll just mod up what I got.... I think the new model lost some of that "muscle" look...
Old 12-05-2013, 05:05 PM
GT500Steve
4th Gear Member

I'm not a huge fan of the side profile of the front end..... Little too European for me. However, I LOVE the rear of the car. The tail lights are great and the body line of the rear glass into the trunk lid screams 68 fastback to me. Overall, I think they did a pretty good job. In all honesty, if I was going to the Dealership to order one tomorrow, I would be most interested in the Ecoboost 4cyl. I can't wait to see what parts they come out with for that engine, and I will go ahead and say it won't be long that you will see them in the high 11s with just bolt on's..... All while getting 35mpg lol.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Calm down Dan!!!...They just moved it to the roof...LOL
But it's not a giant thing, just a tiny sirius looking nub that is body color.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:38 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

I found an article that threw some dimensions out there, not sure how accurate but its the internet, supposed to be true right?

I can't find the article again, someone sent it to me at work. Anyway the overall dimensions hadn't changed by much, and the car was actually wider than the current model. The height and the length had shrunk by something less than 2" IIRC. Another thing was the 3.7 dropped to 300 hp, with the 4 cyl going to 305. I understand the sales point of that given how the other ecoboost options line up with n/a engine offerings, but why downrate the now 305 hp v6 to 300?I'll update it tomorrow when I get to my email.

I am not as fond of the interior, specifically the steering wheel with its Sync center controls being added. The center console is growing on me, simply because the mustang has never had anything close to it. They didn't quite fix the cupholder/shifter issue. It's shifted over slightly but I think I'd still hit something in there if I didn't watch it.

Other reported features like the push start, rev matching (assuming it is for the manual and not the auto) and probably my favorite, radar guided cruise control would be freaking cool to have. I'm with Steve on the 4 cyl being the most interesting. I'm certain critics will tear it apart, saying its a unrefined noisy beehive, but hey we're loud obnoxious americans lol.

Quick Reply: New Stang Opinions?