Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Why did you buy a Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 08:51 AM
mcrider
2nd Gear Member

Because, when I was 18 years old, I wanted either a 68 charger or a 69 mustang Mach 1. After driving them both, I wound up buying a 69 BOSS 429. This was later ran over by an 18 wheeler and destroyed. I never really liked any of the mustangs since then, until the 2005's came out and I got my present one, a 2007 and I STILL LOVE IT!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:00 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Man I love our section..........Get traffic in here from all over.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:37 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

I bought mine because I'm 'MERICAN!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 09:51 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
I bought mine because I'm 'MERICAN!!!
Good answer!!!...Good answer!!!...
Old 01-31-2014, 10:03 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Good answer!!!...Good answer!!!...
I'm in the garage now...sitting on my Harley while eating apple pie and staring at my mustang!
Old 01-31-2014, 10:26 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I'm in the garage now...sitting on my Harley while eating apple pie and staring at my mustang!
Oh hell yeah! When I get home I'm going to have to do that....
Old 01-31-2014, 10:58 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Good Answer!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:59 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Because I've always liked American "muscle" cars. I just like the sound of a V8. They are cheap and fun to build up any way you'd like from stock to complete race car if you wanted. They mod well and look great modded. I'm not honestly sure why I became a Mustang fan specifically other than it was my first car (the 97 GT). It was dirt cheap, and slow, but I'll be damned if it wasn't a blast to drive still.

Other than Mustangs I've had a few BMWs, most notably my 335 that I sold my other Mustangs for (stupid), but also a 735 for a little while that I got from my parents when I was unemployed and broke for a little while. I love BMWs, don't get me wrong. They are the ultimate driving machine, but something in me doesn't want an ultimate driving machine. I want loud and sloppy, it's just more fun. Of course my car isn't a race car, and it's not even close to the fastest car on the road, but I enjoy every second I'm behind the wheel. Give me another year or two and it just might be one of the fastest cars on the road!
Old 01-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Because I've always liked American "muscle" cars. I just like the sound of a V8. They are cheap and fun to build up any way you'd like from stock to complete race car if you wanted. They mod well and look great modded. I'm not honestly sure why I became a Mustang fan specifically other than it was my first car (the 97 GT). It was dirt cheap, and slow, but I'll be damned if it wasn't a blast to drive still.

Other than Mustangs I've had a few BMWs, most notably my 335 that I sold my other Mustangs for (stupid), but also a 735 for a little while that I got from my parents when I was unemployed and broke for a little while. I love BMWs, don't get me wrong. They are the ultimate driving machine, but something in me doesn't want an ultimate driving machine. I want loud and sloppy, it's just more fun. Of course my car isn't a race car, and it's not even close to the fastest car on the road, but I enjoy every second I'm behind the wheel. Give me another year or two and it just might be one of the fastest cars on the road!
that "something" in you that prefers loud and sloppy over the ultimate driving machine, is cuz you're 'MERICAN!!! Haha. I agree with you. My first "real" car was an 01 GT. I wasn't particular at the time to mustangs but I got it at a great price and never looked back since. I never gave Chevy, Pontiac and now dodge a change. The mustang wasn't the fastest at the time but just the whole visceral experience behind the wheel got me hooked. No matter what I buy I always go back to the mustang!
Old 01-31-2014, 12:11 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

No hot dog or baseball?? I like your style.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy a Mustang?