Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Why I haven't been on the forum or gone to any events

Old 07-06-2015, 09:48 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by humpbackshooter
Looking good!!!!! Once you get the runner in, you will put in the foam and then the floor deck? I'd like to see the pic as you do this cause I'm thinking of pulling the driver's side seat out and replacing it with a captains chair only. Gives more room for the skiers to get back in the boat and more junk room too. Only I'm not sure where/whats under the carpet. Got to be the floor deck. So if that's the case, I'll just screw it to the floor.
Hump
Other way around, you put the deck in then cut out some holes and pour the foam in.

The original seat configuration was two back to back folding chairs/sun seats, the bow seats and two jump seats next to the engine. I'm gonna bring everything up in front of the engine and have a big lounge across the boat as the engine cover and bench seating in front of that. Captains chair for me, then I haven't decided if I want to wrap the bench around for the port side or put another captains chair there.

As to yours, depends on the deck. My "deck" is actually only 4' across, the remaining walking surface is the hull for another 1.5' on each side. I'm gonna have to graft a block of wood contoured to the hull/deck to mount my pedestal on. I'd recommend that route since it doesn't put more holes through your deck, but if your deck is flat where you need to mount the pedestal no real reason you can't screw it down, just check the length of your screws and make sure to seal it really good.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

That has been a lot of work so far.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:51 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Well it's been 2 years, but I finally finished! Lot of work to get it to look like this.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:23 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

quite the transformation!!
Old 04-06-2016, 07:13 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Crint, how did you go from a fiberglass v hull to a pontoon boat? Smoke and mirrors, welding and fiberglass, what???
Old 04-06-2016, 09:02 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

A lot of cotton and green ink was involved. Put the kia funds to good use. Took the hull to the landfill, gonna sell the motor out drive and trailer.

Did find out too late that the jeep won't pull it. Sucks. It started overheating on the drive home, had to blast the heat to get the coolant back down to temp. Also it is a biatch to fit into the back yard (9.5' gate, 9' boat). So we are gonna store it at a marina on the trailer.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:16 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Seems like such a shame to put that much time and effort into the hull just to scrap it, was it too far gone to save or did you just get tired of dealing with it?
Old 04-07-2016, 07:58 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

It hurt. Jessie didn't want two boats in the back yard or else I would have kept it. I had about 200 hours I'm guessing left and projects don't sell well on CL. Also I'd bought a 20x10 tent to put over it so I could work semi uninterrupted. Had it up for a week and it got destroyed by some strong winds, blown into the neighbors yard and nearly hitting their car. That was pretty much the last straw.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

That's like turning a Mustang into an Econoline? haha.

glad you found one that you wanted Clint!
Old 04-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
That's like turning a Mustang into an Econoline? haha.

glad you found one that you wanted Clint!
Who the hell is this guy! LOL What's up buddy

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why I haven't been on the forum or gone to any events