Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Here's the deal

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 02:02 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Default Here's the deal

This will be a long story:

A couple months ago my mother-in-law, Birdie, starting thinking about moving back to Pennsylvania. She has struggled to find her groove here and meet people even thought the winters here are not as bad as up north. She applied for housing and was accepted and has been placed on a waiting list. Not long after that Jennie came back from one of her trips and was upset and feeling home sick. Me, growing up away from family said, you'll be home for the next few months. That's when she said she missed all of her family. We talked for a while and then we asked the girls. They immediately said they wanted to move to Ohio in the same neighborhood as my cousin Janice. This would be centered around my family, 2 hours from her family and 5 hours from my mother in Chicago. I agreed that maybe we should move up north, after all they followed me around my whole career and I think it's time I did what's right by them.....Prior to all this I had submitted a resume for a well paying job that was looking to hire and instead of renewing contracts with their employees. Well, last week I found out they changed their mind and are renewing the contracts with their current employees now.....As you all know my mom told me she has colorectal cancer a couple weeks ago, her infection is gone and she starts chemo today. Now here's the kicker, I will not be taking my black belt on 6 December. For some reason my instructor lost it and thought I was trying to take credit and seeking recognition when I was talking with a parent who thanked me. I said it's been a pleasure working with him and somehow that translated to: Your welcome and if it wasn't for me and only me your child would not have come this far. No one else could have made such an impact and brought your child to where he is today. He made a post on FB about how it was time to clean house at the dojo and that parents aren't seeing the truth of who's doing the work and it's time to set some instructors straight and what really pisses him off is when some punk tries to claim the recognition for something they didn't do.....I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't believe he would think that about me and I couldn't understand where he got that idea....Well, you guys know me, I didn't take any **** like that my entire career in the military and I sure as hell won't take it outside of it. The only thing I had left keeping me here in NC was the dojo and it's now gone. I was struggling with leaving the dojo, but he made it pretty damn easy now. God has sent just about every sign there is telling us it's time to go. I have been trying not to hear it, but after what happen this weekend, God basically shoved me to the ground and made me listen. I hear it loud and clear. This has also made me decide to sell the mustang. When we leave we will be ok with her Fusion payment and my truck payment, but the mustang will just be too tight. We will be starting fresh and I want as little bills as possible.
Now as things are completely falling apart my brother-in-law said that the company he works for is looking to hire. He's in Pennsylvania, but I may consider it. There are 5 houses for sale in my cousins neighborhood and her husband in an IT supervisor, I'm going to see if he knows anyone hiring. Everything happens for a reason and I think it's time for us to be close to family.
Jennie put in her retirement packet today for a date of 1 December 2015. The ball is rolling and it's picking up speed. Right now I just feel overwhelmed, but I'm now putting God in the drivers seat and I'm going along for the ride. I also may go to Chicago here shortly and visit with my mom. Jennie isn't traveling for a while and I don't have a job so why not right.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what's happening with us. Needles to say we have been on a serious emotional roller coaster. Believe it or not I don't show a soft side very often, LOL, but It's been hard not too lately............

Last edited by Sleeper_GT; 11-25-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:15 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

That's tough JJ. People are just spiteful sometimes and all you can hope for is they have a run in with a cop on a bad day.

We'll be sad to see you go but I'm certain you'll make it down here occasionally anyway. Definitely sounds like God is turning you in that direction and sounds like it will be for the better. We all know you'll be on the forum everyday anyway.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:52 PM
alucard3600
1st Gear Member

Well I hope for you the best, and I hope everything works out with the chemo, thats some tough stuff to deal with no matter who it is. And that is dirty how they did you at the Dojo, but as clowe said they will get theirs one day dont you worry!
Old 11-24-2014, 03:52 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Everything will work out the best for you JJ! Enjoy the snow up there.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:26 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Good luck with everything. I'm sure it will all work out for the best. Seems like you are the type of guy who can handle anything that is thrown at him.

And hey, just keep on rolling west. I'm always hiring.

Last edited by CPTCO; 11-24-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

That sucks JJ but like you said it will all be for the better. Hate to see you go bud but I completely understand the reasons. We need to have a get together before you head out though for sure!
Old 11-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Grover_NC
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO
Good luck with everything. I'm sure it will all work out for the best. Seems like you are the type of guy who can handle anything that is thrown at him.

And hey, just keep on rolling east. I'm always hiring.
East?? Wouldn't that be the long way around? LOL
Old 11-24-2014, 05:24 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

He'd get here eventually. Fixed...
Old 11-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Thanks guys...........I've still considered west too....
Old 11-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Shellback
4th Gear Member

JJ you are doing the right thing. Family is the key to being happy. I admire you for what you have done and I know the future will be bright for you. In my career I moved my family to Phoenix only to be laid off in 7 months, just built a new home too. As a father/provider it was a dark time for me, but it all worked out for the best. No matter where you drop anchor you will know what is best, keep praying and be sure to hug those girls every day.

Take care, wishing you and your mom and family the best and "Happy Thanksgiving"!!!

Quick Reply: Here's the deal