MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Carolina Regional Chapter (https://mustangforums.com/forum/carolina-regional-chapter-153/)
-   -   Considering a move to Winston-Salem, NC (https://mustangforums.com/forum/carolina-regional-chapter/729039-considering-a-move-to-winston-salem-nc.html)

JimC 01-27-2017 11:27 AM

Considering a move to Winston-Salem, NC

My wife and I are considering buying our retirement place and Winston-Salem is one of the locations we are thinking about. What can you tell me about the area? And one place that my wife is interested in (haven't seen it "live" yet only on-line) is located at 4514 June Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC. Anyone know anything about that specific area?

Sleeper_GT 01-27-2017 11:55 AM

I'm contacting my buddy...He lives in that area. I'll have him post up.

Sleeper_GT 01-27-2017 12:09 PM

just talked with Jeff...He's in Missouri for a wedding and visiting family. He said he will post up when he gets home.

alan0614 01-27-2017 02:21 PM

I live west of Winston and work in a neighboring town. That's NW of town, pretty rural around there I think. Not a bad area. Easy to get to some nice mountain drives from there. 4 hours to the coast, 4 nice distinct seasons and a pretty reasonable cost of living.

If I can help you any way, please let me know.

JimC 01-27-2017 04:05 PM

Thanks guys, my wife commented that it looked like it might be rural with the houses having a lot of land around them based upon a google maps search

JimC 02-03-2017 04:57 PM

My wife's new idea - she likes the thought of Rocky Mount. One of her college friends lives there, and there is a chance our daughter could be getting a job near by

Already found a couple of places on Zillow that look promising. One has a mother-in-law suite which would be perfect for my sister-in-law. Since it looks like we will be supporting her it would be nice to have a connected place like that for her to be in her "own place".

Sleeper_GT 02-03-2017 11:30 PM

Right on..Hope it all works out for you guys

Zodiac 02-04-2017 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by JimC (Post 8574949)
My wife's new idea - she likes the thought of Rocky Mount. One of her college friends lives there, and there is a chance our daughter could be getting a job near by

Already found a couple of places on Zillow that look promising. One has a mother-in-law suite which would be perfect for my sister-in-law. Since it looks like we will be supporting her it would be nice to have a connected place like that for her to be in her "own place".

Good luck, just know that certain areas of Rocky Mount are high crime and generally an unpleasant place to visit.

By the description you found the better side lol.

JimC 02-04-2017 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Zodiac (Post 8575031)
Good luck, just know that certain areas of Rocky Mount are high crime and generally an unpleasant place to visit.

By the description you found the better side lol.

Thanks we weren't aware of that. Most of the places she has been looking at are in the Northgreen Country Club area - a couple are on the fairways, could stop and grab a sandwich during a round!

So how is that area of town?

alan0614 02-04-2017 03:49 PM

JJ, doesn't Josh live in Rocky Mount?