Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Questions about buying a new car

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

Default Questions about buying a new car

hey guys!

so, I've been lying in the weeds waiting for the 18 to come out. now that it is closer i am starting to get myself (my wallet) ready.

i would very much like to sell my car privately because the dealerships give you jack **** for trades. any general tips on selling private? I've always just traded my car in.

if anyone here has any contacts within dealerships to hook me up with a decent price, id be willing to drive where ever I need to pick it up.

thanks all!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:13 AM
bigdelta

I traded my 3 month-old EB on a GT w/PP last week. I found a great deal at Lorenzo Ford in Homestead,(south) Florida. I negotiated a price before I told them that I wanted to trade my EB and asked what I could get for it. They offered what I paid for it 3 months earlier! Then I contacted my local dealer who I bought the EB from about transferring my extended warranty and they asked if they could find the same car and save me $500,would I buy from them.Sure. A few hours later,deal done. So maybe you'd be surprised by what they offer. Call Scott at Lorenzo and Keith Auman at Sam Galloway Ford in FT Myers.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

i just ordered mine from cary xroads. sticker was 49K got it for 45K. I'm happy thats a fair deal. plus i ordered it to my specs so nothing unwanted or missing. some of the configurations are very odd. such as you cant have certain seats or colors with certain packages. never understood what the paint color has to do with seat options.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Order_66
i just ordered mine from cary xroads. sticker was 49K got it for 45K. I'm happy thats a fair deal. plus i ordered it to my specs so nothing unwanted or missing. some of the configurations are very odd. such as you cant have certain seats or colors with certain packages. never understood what the paint color has to do with seat options.
Congrats. I ordered my 13 GT from them and got it in only 4 weeks. Was a great experience.

What color/options did you go with?

As for selling private, I've sold my last 3 cars privately. I sold them all on their respective forums. My 15 GT took the longest to sell at around 1 month.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

well, i did something i said i would never ever do. i got an automatic. after 30 years of manual I'm tapping out. I'm sick of the traffic here in raleigh and i don't want to do it anymore. plus the added bonus of a faster car with the new transmission.

premium gt
white
black accent package
automatic
EQ group 401A
3.55 gears
safe and smart package
active valve exhaust
shaker audio
spare tire
midnight blue leather with grabber blue stitch

I'm hoping i can grab a spoiler down the road. i really like the ones that come with the performance package.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:53 AM
cbdallas
1st Gear Member

Don't feel bad. I stubbornly drove manuals up until now, but the traffic has just gotten to bad to enjoy it anymore. The temptation was there to snag a V6 6-speed but I'm much happier letting the transmission do the work now.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Cobra4me
2nd Gear Member

Congrats!
Old 10-10-2017, 04:24 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Order_66
well, i did something i said i would never ever do. i got an automatic. after 30 years of manual I'm tapping out. I'm sick of the traffic here in raleigh and i don't want to do it anymore. plus the added bonus of a faster car with the new transmission.

premium gt
white
black accent package
automatic
EQ group 401A
3.55 gears
safe and smart package
active valve exhaust
shaker audio
spare tire
midnight blue leather with grabber blue stitch

I'm hoping i can grab a spoiler down the road. i really like the ones that come with the performance package.

Sounds like an awesome build. Don't worry no need to feel shame for getting an automatic. I have no interest in driving manual anymore. Been so long since I've actually driven one. I'm anxious to drive one of these when they come out. I wanna see how the A10 is. I love the A8 in my scat pack.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Order_66
2nd Gear Member

i spoke to the salesman today and he mentioned that he had a customer place an order 5 weeks ago and they haven't even started it yet. i have a feeling I'm going to be waiting about 3 months....and thats if i am lucky.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:09 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Congrats.

Like you I was a manual guy but after owning 6 speed automatic I'm sold.