CJ Pony Parts We carry Ford Mustang parts for every Mustang built from 1964 to present. CJ's has everything you need to restore your Mustang or make it the performance & aftermarket styling machine you always dreamed of!

do not order from here

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:02 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Thumbs down do not order from here

Do not order from CJ Pony Parts.

They say they have the product on hand on web site you order the parts and back ordered.
I ordered set of lug nuts on 29 march 2012 from them no indication of back order. called last week around the 4 of april still back ordered told to call on 9 april 2012 called to add another couple of products two carbon fiber splash guards front and back got a lot of attitude about combining the two orders because the lug nut set was still back ordered I did not see an issue would not combine the two orders said I could not get shipped for free. I DID NOT WANT IT SHIPPED FOR FREE I just wanted the whole order shipped together. More attitude voiced my displeaser may have used limited colorful language and it was not directed to the sales assciate at all just said " I don't see the F**ken issue about combining the two orders" and was told he was cancleing my order and refunding my account.

Thanks For nothing CJ PONY PARTS you have lost out on someone that would have spend a lot of money. I always start off on small orders to see what the customer service is like at CJ PONY PARTS it sucks. Don't order from here.

CJ PONY PARTS SUCK !!!!

SDF
Old 04-09-2012, 01:13 PM
pinn
2nd Gear Member

They contacted me both times an item was out of stock and verified that I was fine with waiting for the parts to arrive. They have also combined previous orders for me without any issues.

I didn't swear at them...so our customer service results may vary.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Steve@CJPP
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by superdutyfan
Do not order from CJ Pony Parts.

They say they have the product on hand on web site you order the parts and back ordered.
I ordered set of lug nuts on 29 march 2012 from them no indication of back order. called last week around the 4 of april still back ordered told to call on 9 april 2012 called to add another couple of products two carbon fiber splash guards front and back got a lot of attitude about combining the two orders because the lug nut set was still back ordered I did not see an issue would not combine the two orders said I could not get shipped for free. I DID NOT WANT IT SHIPPED FOR FREE I just wanted the whole order shipped together. More attitude voiced my displeaser may have used limited colorful language and it was not directed to the sales assciate at all just said " I don't see the F**ken issue about combining the two orders" and was told he was cancleing my order and refunding my account.

Thanks For nothing CJ PONY PARTS you have lost out on someone that would have spend a lot of money. I always start off on small orders to see what the customer service is like at CJ PONY PARTS it sucks. Don't order from here.

CJ PONY PARTS SUCK !!!!

SDF
If the site shows it in stock then it's in stock, when you placed your order you got a order confirmation which would of shown the item being back ordered. As stated above if the item is back ordered then you will be contacted to let you know it is back ordered.

As far as combining the two orders I don't know exactly what was told to you but it sounds like the conversation could of been went a lot smoother if the "colorful" words were not used. You say it's not directed towards the sales associate but he is the one who is hearing it.

The motto goes "The customer is always right" but that doesn't mean the customer has the right to swear at the person on the end of the line so this maybe why they canceled your order and refunded your money.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:31 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve@CJPP
If the site shows it in stock then it's in stock, when you placed your order you got a order confirmation which would of shown the item being back ordered. As stated above if the item is back ordered then you will be contacted to let you know it is back ordered.

As far as combining the two orders I don't know exactly what was told to you but it sounds like the conversation could of been went a lot smoother if the "colorful" words were not used. You say it's not directed towards the sales associate but he is the one who is hearing it.

The motto goes "The customer is always right" but that doesn't mean the customer has the right to swear at the person on the end of the line so this maybe why they canceled your order and refunded your money.
The sales asscoiate kept saying " we can not combine the shipping we can not cobine the shipping" I said " I don't want to combine the shipping I will pay the extra shipping But I just want one delivery since both items are back ordered". I did not swear at any one. It just slipped out and he made a huge deal about it. cancling orders etc. He would not even take an apology just as soon as he knew I was from Canada He had the attitude. IMHO.

Thamks SDF
Old 04-09-2012, 04:35 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pinn
They contacted me both times an item was out of stock and verified that I was fine with waiting for the parts to arrive. They have also combined previous orders for me without any issues.

I didn't swear at them...so our customer service results may vary.

They did not contact me about any back order I phoned them about 5 days after I submited the order that is when I found out it was back ordered. I was told at that time to call begining of this week so I did so today and to order a set of splash guards front and rear and they were back ordeered as well so I just wanted the two orders shipped togethger to make it easier.

Thanks SDF
Old 04-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Shampue
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by superdutyfan
just as soon as he knew I was from Canada
O.o That's funny
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Sf_Kilo

Yea Sorry Guys I'm with the OP...
If the site says it's in stock it NEEDS to be in their warehouse...
PERIOD END OF STORY...

I have been back and forth with places like that and its just wrong, If you don't have the space or the capitol to stock the part then don't list it as in stock.

I'll stick with the big guys who bother to stock 90% or better of what they sell.

Honesty is always the best policy and if you aren't willing to say "Special Order Only" or "Backordered Ships in 5-7 Days" Etc then you won't get any orders from me....
Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sf_Kilo
Yea Sorry Guys I'm with the OP...
If the site says it's in stock it NEEDS to be in their warehouse...
PERIOD END OF STORY...

I have been back and forth with places like that and its just wrong, If you don't have the space or the capitol to stock the part then don't list it as in stock.

I'll stick with the big guys who bother to stock 90% or better of what they sell.

Honesty is always the best policy and if you aren't willing to say "Special Order Only" or "Backordered Ships in 5-7 Days" Etc then you won't get any orders from me....

Thank you
Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 AM
GrumpysGT
1st Gear Member

I don't post much but I've got to chime in here.
I, along with probably thousands of other members, have purchased parts from CJ's, and in spite of your post will continue to do so. Some items have been on back order and I've never had a problem with that.
I work at a "big box" store and know from experience that the web site or my computer may indicate the item is in stock when in fact it's gone. The last one may have gone out before your order was processed, or the inventory may show 10 of an item when in fact there are 9. CJ's probably receives thousands of items comming in weekly and thousands of parts going out, and sometimes s--t happens and a mistake is made.
And for info, if you cuss at me, I would have hung up also. I've done it before and will do it again.

Steve at CJ's--if you read this be assured that I will continue to buy from you.
GrumpysGT
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Steve@CJPP
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sf_Kilo
Well that's good to know since our website does just that. If the item isn't in stock it says just that.

"Ships in 5-7 Days
This item typically ships within 5-7 days. "
http://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-dra...4-2004/p/MSB8/

Originally Posted by GrumpysGT
I don't post much but I've got to chime in here.
I, along with probably thousands of other members, have purchased parts from CJ's, and in spite of your post will continue to do so. Some items have been on back order and I've never had a problem with that.
I work at a "big box" store and know from experience that the web site or my computer may indicate the item is in stock when in fact it's gone. The last one may have gone out before your order was processed, or the inventory may show 10 of an item when in fact there are 9. CJ's probably receives thousands of items comming in weekly and thousands of parts going out, and sometimes s--t happens and a mistake is made.
And for info, if you cuss at me, I would have hung up also. I've done it before and will do it again.

Steve at CJ's--if you read this be assured that I will continue to buy from you.
GrumpysGT
Thank you sir.

Quick Reply: do not order from here