Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Do You Have Any History On Your Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Chaz78StangII

Default RE: Do You Have Any History On Your Mustang?

My car wassold in Colville, WA from Colville Ford in 1978 to a womenfrom Tacoma, Wa.. She was involved in an accident with the car and I found it on Russ Dunmire Oldsmobile used car lot. I bought the car in August of 79 with about 20K on it..I was driving it up to 3 years ago, except for some years I was stationed overseas..I am now buying all missing or parts that need serious replacement such as weather stripping for my T top. I am real close to finish buying and will get it to a body shop..hopefully I will get it going next year as $$$s are a major factor on the time..
Old 09-01-2007, 10:36 PM
eescapethefate
1st Gear Member

hey man. thats a great story. your unly is very generous. well mine doesnt yet but it will some day.
bought it from some guy and he got it from his wifes's grandpa. so im the 3rd owner. me and my dad are restoring. so someday when i have a boy ill pass it down to him and we can restore just like me and my pops are
Old 09-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Arcticspook
2nd Gear Member

James,

Being from North Florida I thought I knew all there was to know about Mosquitoes.

That was until I lived in Fairbanks, AK.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:31 AM
boss_dude_429
3rd Gear Member

man you guys are lucky my 70 has had all traces of data removed or destroyed and i can't get a marti report on the 66 this just sucks, at least i still have the original warranty plate for the 66, but at least i can build my race car with the 70, i was planning on restoring it to factory but no #s so no resto
Old 09-02-2007, 03:14 AM
hyena429
1st Gear Member

my car came from a local guy who ran it around before i could even drive yet...drooled over the car for years....finaly he sold it too my dad and i begged him not to sell it like the other classics we go threw...i thought it was cool cause it seemed to have a ton of options.

he let me drive it a few times and allways told me he was going to sell it...people bugged him every day about selling the car...well onenight it was sitting out side in my front lawn during a storm..i woke up and my grampa's truck canopy that must of been 300 pounds was flung on top it and put that ding in the fender you can see{easy fix} well the insurance paid to get it fixed..dad kept the money instead and decided to sell me what was left for 1500 bucks.

which i paid gladly...good thing i did...it has stock power windows..ac..alarm..power locking seats..stock tinted windows...delux interior...stock tack...351 cj...and many many more codes we cant decifer..im sending off the vin and codes to marti proubly next month to find out what she is...the mustang restore guy i took it too showed methe codes said its most likely a show room car orderd for a dealer ship...cause it just has too many expencive options on its build plate under the front fender...i was shocked...we think its proubly 1 of 50or less made...marti will tell us for sure i cant wait to find out,,lol
Old 09-02-2007, 04:01 AM
blueovalboy7
4th Gear Member

Data Plate Details:

1968 Mustang Coupe
-Born: January 19, 1968
-Plant: San Jose, CA
-Engine: 200 1v I6
-Paint: Ivy Gold
-Interior: Standard
-Transmission: C4 Automatic
-D.S.O.: Los Angeles, CA

Car was bought by my grandparents for my mom in '71, second owners. She drove it to college and had it for a number of years. When she couldn't fit the carseat in there anymore she left it at her parents house where my grandpa drove it for a few years. He's got a bad back so getting in and out was a strain for him, so they parked in under their car port for anywhere from 6-8 years until I came out and started working on it to get it running again, and now after 5 years of work the car is what you see in my sig, with many more additions/modifications to come.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Mr. Classic EFI
2nd Gear Member

My Metuchen NJ built 65 C code 2+2, has a build date of 27 Oct 64, and had a lot of the cross over parts. like a 64 type hood. I purchased this one, from the origional owner,in 93.It replaced another that had been wrecked. During restification, numerous parts were found to have parts numbers on them, everything from Hood & gas tank, to interior panels. The engine & tranny were Ford replacement parts. I believe the car had been stolen and/or stripped, then rebuilt by the Ford dealer in Slidell La. who's metal dealer tag was rivited to the trunk.
I finished, the car in time to enjoy it for a couple of months, before Hurricane Opal ruined it in 95. After which it sat in the garrage for about 8 years. In 04 I started on it again, installed the EFI & AOD, and last September got it out of the paint & body shop(bout the only work I havent done)and finished reassembling it.Since then I've, throughly enjoyed the Stang, even the SWIMBO is beginning to have fun travling around. But it's never finished.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:50 PM
RSRXION
2nd Gear Member

Hyena, gimme a ring at 479-263-3326 if you need any help on your car. I consider myself to be a bit of an expert on the71-73's and I'll gladly help you run down the parts as you go. There are some parts that are 73 only and some that are universal to the Galaxies as well. I'd also be curious to know what the VIN is of your car. I've got the Marti report on my car and I can tell you some of the production numbers of the red , Q code , 4 speed etc ... Let me know if I can help.

Dean
Old 09-02-2007, 10:19 PM
john721
2nd Gear Member

My son and I are working on building a history for ours...He is 17, and we've spent the last year resoring it, and almost have it ready for paint. It is a c-code 65 fastback, San Jose car, 289, 4 spd. I was told we are the forth owner, and it spent most of it's life in Alaska. I believe it.....as the interior had been removed so they could stuff all the spaces with fibergalss insulation...good idea at the time, but held moisture and rusted EVERYTHING! It is now resting snugly in a warm, dry garage in West Palm Beach, getting pampered, and waiting for my son and I to release her to the streets again. I want my son to keep her forever....as I am sure he will after all the work he has invested...what a cool heirloom...
Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 PM
noroof66
3rd Gear Member

Mine was built in the San Jose plant and had 2 owners before me, both in Sunnyvale Ca (about 15-20 miles from the SJ plant). I bought it while I lived in Sunnyvale, and now I live in San Jose. The car has never lived farther than 20 miles from the factory it came from.

Quick Reply: Do You Have Any History On Your Mustang?