Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 04:18 AM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Default Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics

Driving along in VA during Oct this year we passed this at the side of the road. Had to turn around, jump out and take a few pics. Meant to post them sooner but forgot about them until tonight. The garage behind them looks to be deserted. They are parked on a road named Hot Rod Lane to boot! I kid you not lol. While I was standing there an older guy drove in and told me they belonged to a shop down the road called Performance Auto Crafters. We went down and I got a tour through their restoration facilities which was simply packed with cars. They have a pile of work on the go and some of the custom paint work was amazing. Unfortunately we weren't able to take pics inside.

Not everyday you find 5 Classic Mustangs a 68(?) Fastback Torino and a Jag parked out on an old country road named Hot Rod lane! We liked the 69 and when I asked them how much was told $27,000! I think they wanted $18,000 for the 67. Both had 351w in them. All drivable, fairly clean though they all needed an easy resto. Very little rust that I could see
Attached Thumbnails Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics-pa145297.sized.jpg   Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics-pa145290.sized.jpg   Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics-pa145298.sized.jpg   Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics-pa145299.sized.jpg   Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics-pa145300.sized.jpg  

Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics-pa145301.sized.jpg   Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics-pa145302.sized.jpg   Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics-pa145303.sized.jpg   Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics-pa145304.sized.jpg  

Last edited by Adrenolin; 11-16-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: fixing images
Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 AM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Ive driven by that place too. They have a few of those for a long time.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:35 AM
73 Sportroof
2nd Gear Member

Cool pix.

Does that '69 have '70 fenders?
Old 12-05-2008, 07:50 AM
JHPSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Where in VA? In the mountains somewhere? There's a place calle Old Dominion Mustang/Camaro near Ashland that has a few. They sell parts too, but it's usually a MU part marked up.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

moonweasel.. Yeah and from the prices not interested in selling that much. I really was interested in the 69 but for what they were asking for it I don't think so. If you run by them again and haven't already you should stop in their shop which is at the end of the road down the hill. Some impressive paint displays. I was told a few or their restorations went across the Barrett Jackson block a few years ago.

73 Sportroof.. Nice catch. I noticed that as well.

jhpstang.. I think the place was in Locust Grove area.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 AM
fast65
5th Gear Member

That's pretty cool, last year I found a guy when I was out driving who had at least 20 cars sitting in front of his house and then another 25 or so sitting out back by this huge shop. He had a delivery wagon with a big blower sticking out of the hood, a couple Mustangs, some Camaro's, other misc. muscle cars and even a car carrier. Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by 73 Sportroof
Cool pix.

Does that '69 have '70 fenders?
Good eye, 73. Them be 70 marker lights.

CP
Old 12-05-2008, 12:43 PM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Adrenolin
moonweasel.. Yeah and from the prices not interested in selling that much. I really was interested in the 69 but for what they were asking for it I don't think so. If you run by them again and haven't already you should stop in their shop which is at the end of the road down the hill. Some impressive paint displays. I was told a few or their restorations went across the Barrett Jackson block a few years ago.

73 Sportroof.. Nice catch. I noticed that as well.

jhpstang.. I think the place was in Locust Grove area.

I have heard they do some amazing stuff, I spoke with the owner on the phone once and was impressed.

I wonder if I could afford them to paint my 65 in a few years???
Old 12-05-2008, 12:51 PM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JHPSTANG
Where in VA? In the mountains somewhere? There's a place calle Old Dominion Mustang/Camaro near Ashland that has a few. They sell parts too, but it's usually a MU part marked up.
JHP,

They are on the main, rural-ish, two lane highway that goes diagonally from Fredricksburg to Charlottesville. That's all I remember, sorry!
Old 12-05-2008, 03:46 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

+1 on the 70 fenders, one of the first things I saw. And damn the hoods on a couple of those are off by a lot... haha

That 69 definitely doesn't seem worth 27k, the hood paint isn't correct, different fenders, a 351, and I would bet it isn't a Mach 1.

Nice cars though, definitely a rare find for them to all just be sitting there! haha thanks for the pics

Quick Reply: Found at side of road... 9 pics / 7 classics