Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Hagerty Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:07 AM
wumarshall82
2nd Gear Member

65Ragoon: Did you go with Hagerty?
Old 01-18-2009, 03:25 PM
65rangoon
3rd Gear Member

actually i did not go with hagerty. im considering it though. only reason i did not go with them is i am buying the car from my grandma. everythings already transfered to me (kept her name on title since it was also her fathers car) but i keep the car in iowa at my parents for now so i can work on it as i cant do that kind of stuff at the condo here.

so for now i keep it under her name with me as a covered driver. $120/6 mo
Old 01-20-2009, 12:18 PM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

I just got a quote from My ins company, State Farm, and they can insure mine for 30k for $40 for 6 months for comprehensive. Now granted, that is for a "stored car" because I'm not driving it, but they said they do insure older cars too. I will go with them because I have everything else insured with them and I will get a fat discount. Just some FYI.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:53 PM
wumarshall82
2nd Gear Member

I have everything through Farm Bureau and they will write the policy for the Hagerty and if I happen to wreck or get wrecked I will still call my agent. I am paying 160 every 6 months with them so I will save some money going with Hagerty. I also dont drive that much so I am not too worried about it.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 PM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Talking

Well I paid $155.00 for a year of comprehensive and collision coverage with an agreed upon value of $15,000.00.

Having said that I will also get a discount if I insure my classic truck through them for the same amount of money ($15,000.00) for an additional $90.00 a year.

Having said that I have driven the car twice in nine months so not too worried about the mileage thing yet.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:31 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by zmetalmilitia
I just got a quote from My ins company, State Farm, and they can insure mine for 30k for $40 for 6 months for comprehensive. Now granted, that is for a "stored car" because I'm not driving it, but they said they do insure older cars too. I will go with them because I have everything else insured with them and I will get a fat discount. Just some FYI.
I had State farm "classic car" insurance on another Mustang of mine years ago. I cancelled the policy when they sent me a form to provide them with current information and photos of the car. I explained to them that the car was safely tucked into my garage. Irt was also in multiple pieces since I was in the middle of restoring. They then told me I had to change the policy to a "non driveable car" . Trouble is, in the loust state of Maryland, this insurance classification would have forced me to turn in the tags. No thanks. I went with a classic car insurer and had no trouble. I since have switched to Haggerty because they allowed me more freedom in where and when I could enjoy my cars. I can take my car anytimne to go out to eat, drive in etc. The prior company mandated that your car could not be parked out of eye shot, unless it was in a car show. I do have a mileage limit but its 7500 miles a year. I pay about $155 a year. I come no where close to hitting 7500 miles.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

I pay about $260 a year and its covered for $55,000 through Barlow Insurance(local broker)
Old 01-23-2009, 07:28 PM
wumarshall82
2nd Gear Member

I applied for hagerty on Wednesday so I should hear something soon. There isnt a mileage limit with them but I would guess I may drive 1500 miles a year. Thats if I drove 30 miles a week for the entire year and driving it around town I dont think I come close to 30 each week.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

It's interesting to read these rates, but I believe most rates are based on your probability of filing a claim.

Premiums are affected by state laws, demographics, density, etc. Your rate may even be determined by your zip code, depending on the insurance co.

CP
Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Carlos Pineiro
I believe most rates are based on your probability of filing a claim.

CP
My rate would have been cut in half ($120 a year)if i had it insured for the amount they said(15K), and based on the area i live is about 80% asian, my rates are through the roof on my other 3 cars.Red lining(zip code based rates) is SUPPOSED to be illegal, but its still the primary reason rates are high in certain cities.

Quick Reply: Hagerty Insurance