Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, Who do you let drive you're stang?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:16 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Only me and my dad drive it. I don't like him driving it though. The clutch in the car is weird and only my dad and I are used to it. So I tell everyone no when they ask.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:12 PM
jonward786
3rd Gear Member

quite frankly, ill let anyone drive mine. i haven't put that much money into it yet to really care if it got hurt.

plus, how much trouble can you really get into with a 41 year old stock 289 AT
Old 02-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Tony R
4th Gear Member

i let my wife watch the video that Isewsky(sorry I'm sure I butchered your name)posted of his turbo running and she asked me what I need that much power for? So she is already scared and she has seen all the work I have been putting into it so she will be careful.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Art Brock
2nd Gear Member

With me in the car I would let my wife drive but she doesn't want to.
I let my best friend drive it once while I followed in his car, so I could hear what the exhaust sounded like from another car (it sounded GOOD).
No one else.
My step daughter keeps asking but no way.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Dutch65Mustang
1st Gear Member

I'm very protecting about my mustang (dont like to park it on the street, and then i dont get it out of my sight).

With driving... my dad may drive it (because we both build it). Luckily my girlfriend dont want to drive in it.

Only my best friend can drive it (when i'm sitting next to him) but even then i'm always glad to take the wheel again !
Old 02-01-2009, 03:51 PM
jspagna1
3rd Gear Member

I bought my car in 1996 and that was the only time my wife drove it. She was not impressed(GOOD). I let another one of my freinds drive it down the street. Then my daughter turned 16 and got her liscense and I promised her she could drive it with me next to her. I live in a very quiet area, so no risk of traffic. She loved it, but like you guys know these 40+ year old cars are nothing like the new cars of today.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:54 PM
cobramustangboy

No one...because if you LET someone drive it and they **** it up, its on your dime. Trust me, I found that out the hard way with my old car.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:57 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

The only other person who has driven the Stang since I have owned it is my buddy that runs a shop. He drove it to my house after I had him paint the roof on my car...but then he owns a similar old Mustang, an old Vette, etc, etc....

The wife driving the Stang....no way in you know where, that is divorce material.

It is bad enough that she ran into my Explorer when it was sitting on the drive way where it always is a few months back. That one cost me about $125 to the paintless dent repair guy.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:47 PM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

They, non mustang owners and many girlfriends and wives, need to understand that we can be weird about who drives our stangs. No one. It's hard to explain to them why they can't and have them understand. It's almost as if they take offense to it........
Old 02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

My dad has driven my car (before me) because I was still on my permit when I got it haha. But I'll let him drive it any time, not as if I really would have a choice

the only other person that has driven my car is my best friend who only took it like up to 30 mph in a neighborhood. The scariest part about my car is the steering which is pretty loose (I hope to fix this with new suspension and stuff this summer). At least I don't have a difficult clutch to worry about so if someone does have to drive my car it wouldn't be toooo difficult.

oh and Hey Tad or Jon, can I drive your car? haha

Quick Reply: Just thought I'd throw this out there, Who do you let drive you're stang?