Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

did anyone watch knight rider wednesday night

Old 02-26-2009, 09:29 AM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 67Stang68
Maybe Im just desperate for a show that has some cars in it. Im 36 and grew up watching other cheesey shows "Dukes of Hazard" , "Chips" The original Knight Rider, etc.
I think the new one blows away the old one. Besides pontiacs blow. Maybe people expect too much from the show. Or maybe Im just too desperate for anything with some autos in it.
I am 36 also...will be 37 in about 5 months and grew up watching the same shows. Even had the Dukes of Hazard poster on my room wall at some point along in there. I stopped watching Dukes when they replaced the actors who played Bo and Luke....sometimes they just need to bring a series to a respectable end instead of trying to kick a dead horse.

I haven't bothered to watch the "new" Knight Rider but if you are honest the shows we used to watch as kids probably sucked just as bad if not worse than the new one does. I am sure there are plenty of kids out there that like the new show as much as we liked those kinds of shows when we were kiddos.

Watching re-runs of the old shows these days is kind of like running into an old girlfriend....you watch it and think "man what the heck did I ever see in this..."
Old 02-26-2009, 10:43 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

I will be turning 37...wow next week as will my brother. We both love mustangs and musclecars in general. I have the first season of the Dukes of Hazard on DVD. I was baffled. I have the first season of CHiP's and the Fall Guy. Cheezy yes but still I think some of the concepts were better back in the 80's.

The morphing mustang to "Attack Mode" is similar to the "Super Pursuit Mode" of the original series. I love how the car looks in regular mode but morphing to a 4X4 Truck is a more than just stretching it.

I liked the movie and I've watch a few shows of the new series. I'm just wondering with all the reality TV Shows if writers have just forgotten how to write a good series.

There are a few TV Shows that I like that have a unreal twist to them. Heroes and Battlestar Galactica come to mind. I really wanted the new series to work for me as well. It just seems too campy for me. I'll try with the newer shows, my DVR is still recording it.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:22 PM
JHPSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Wink

O.K. I'm 37, gonna be 38 in a few months. I like the new Knight Rider for the basic Fast Car factor. KITT is not the same, obviously, but taken with a grain of 20 year old salt it's worth at least watching for the car. There's not alot of T.V. in my house anyway (no cable), but If it's on, I'll watch it.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:34 PM
lunarweasel
4th Gear Member

JHP,

Do you have any newer pics of your car? It's just so... dirty in your signature.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:48 AM
JHPSTANG
2nd Gear Member

Weasel,
I just put the wheels on it last night so I can roll it out into the grass and hose out the engine bay and flush the cooling system. Unfortunately the temp has dropped 30 degrees overnight, and we are due to get rain all afternoon, and snow Sun/Mon. When it clears up I'll take some pics out in the sunshine. I agree... I'm ready for an updated sig!