Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Young and want a mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:05 PM
ashtoncrabtree
1st Gear Member

Yea im 16 right now and wanted a mustang and if it wasnt an 8 cyl i didnt want it lol, because they were fully against getting me a mustang of current era because of the power and ive always been put together with speed and fast, so i was searchin around and i came across my 66 that i have now its a beaut for around 9000 which is hurtin now since i have to get ready to have the cowl done and all make sure you can try and do a leak check by pouring water into the cowl vent and seeing if it leaks inside the car or not.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Waffles
**** me in the beard. I want to live closer to you, thumpin. Give up everything and move to Detroit.
Methinks my woman would have a problem with that... Her sister lives down state though. Im not your type waffles, I have back hair and a really bad limp.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 PM
'66StangWannabe
1st Gear Member

Default 66 Stang

Originally Posted by ashtoncrabtree
Yea im 16 right now and wanted a mustang and if it wasnt an 8 cyl i didnt want it lol, because they were fully against getting me a mustang of current era because of the power and ive always been put together with speed and fast, so i was searchin around and i came across my 66 that i have now its a beaut for around 9000 which is hurtin now since i have to get ready to have the cowl done and all make sure you can try and do a leak check by pouring water into the cowl vent and seeing if it leaks inside the car or not.

Congrats on your msutang purchase. Thats the max I wanna spend. I've found out that if you actually take the time to look around there are so many great driver quality mustangs (no rust and nice condition, but no show car) for nine grand or under.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by '66StangWannabe
Congrats on your msutang purchase. Thats the max I wanna spend. I've found out that if you actually take the time to look around there are so many great driver quality mustangs (no rust and nice condition, but no show car) for nine grand or under.
Make that 4 grand or under. You're just not looking hard enough, and you're certainly not giving yourself enough credit in the bartering dept.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:50 PM
'66StangWannabe
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Waffles
Make that 4 grand or under. You're just not looking hard enough, and you're certainly not giving yourself enough credit in the bartering dept.
I didn't factor in bartering...my mistake. But you have actually seen under 4 grand in good driver quailty condition? I have looked on many websiteds (craigslist, deals on wheels, autotrader classics, etc...) and the cars under 5 grand are always piles of crap. But then again, If I end up being good at bartering I suppose I could probably get a nicer car for under 9 grand.

**I really appreciate EVERYONE'S help on informing me and guiding me through this**
Old 06-18-2009, 04:16 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

Buy a heap and build it the way you want it.. sure it takes longer but its better that way. trust me, you too could own a mustang that looks like this...

Actually you could own this one real easy... some assembly required.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:25 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

LOL! Thumpin I love the way you think. And Waffles can find almost anything on and off the usual places for cars.

I decided if I was going to look for another mustang (besides the one I have) I would go through the guys on this website or my current mechanic since they are definitely more knowledgeable than what I was when I bought my first mustang.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Freudianslipp
1st Gear Member

I know that Arizona is a real long way from Michigan; however, because there is very little rain and 11 months of warm weather out here, the cars out here almost never have rust unless they started out life somewhere else.

If you ever check out Craigslist, e-Bay or wherever and see a car in the Phoenix area (and maybe even Tucson), I would be happy to scout it out for you and maybe even send you some pics if you thought that you were very serious about buying something out here. With the economy the way it is, there are still a lot of nice quality cars that you can get out here for $8,000 or less.

Just let me know if I can help and send me a pm if interested.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Canary94GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fast65
Like you've already seen there are plenty of members here that will be willing to help, if you do find a car out of state I'm sure that you'd be able to find a member in the area that would be willing to go look at it for you and determine what shape it's in. I bought my car out of state and drove to pick it up myself, I was fortunate enough find mine up in eastern Washington with no rust.
My dad got his '65 thirty years ago from Spokane too. If yours was sent there originally, our VINs may be pretty similar :O

I believe the only rust his had was on the fenders next to the wheels... because of the salt they use in Spokane. That's not too big of a deal.... if you plan on a new paint job.

Last edited by Canary94GT; 06-22-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:03 AM
orange88
1st Gear Member

Hey, I just came across this.
I'm 20 and have wanted a mustang as long as you! I was 4 when my dad first started looking for a mustang, found a 66 coupe that some guy had driven across the country from California! So we've had that car in our family for years, but this year I decided to actually find my mustang and for some reason my mom told me to do it!

So for the past 6 months i was searching craigslist and local classefieds daily. I live in upstate New York (actual Upstate 5+hours from the city) where we get 150"+ and LOVE salting roads, so i had to look elsewhere. Finally i found a 72 mach 1 in maryland and made the 6 hour drive to take a look. I was able to have it shipped for less than $300 which i thought was pretty reasonable. I wanted to spend less than 4000 (paying college tuition sucks) so mine was needing new floors, but other than that is in fairly decent shape.

So keep looking, it'll take time but you'll find it!

Quick Reply: Young and want a mustang