Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

My wife is driving my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 02:52 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Default My wife is driving my car!!!

Im scared. We just dropped of her Mazda to be shipped to Hawaii, so now the Mustang is the family car for the next two weeks until we ship out too. I let her drive on the way from the vehicle processing office and she was scared as hell once she realized how the front suspension acted on the highway. Its definately not her 2005 mazda.

At least now she knows why I have been telling her that I need to rebuild the front suspension. So she is saying ok now, and we will do it when we get the money. YAY!!

She dropped me off at work and a guy walked up and says "I know you have probably heard this a thousand times, that is a bad a$$ car." and all I could say was "Yea, I just hope she makes it home. Its the wife's first time driving it without me." She made it though, but she wouldnt take the freeway, so the trip was 40 minutes instead of 15-20.

I guess as long as she feels safe driving, that means the car wont get wrecked.

It was also the first time Ive seen/heard my own car drive away. And man, it was sexy..
Old 10-23-2009, 03:04 PM
JDraper
2nd Gear Member

ROFL..

Can't say I quite have the same problem since the '66 is actually my wife's car...Although it is awesome to see and hear it pull out in front of you...
Old 10-23-2009, 03:14 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

I think Im just going to take the bus home from work so that she dont have to drive here and pick me up.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:31 PM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

YAY for new suspension I'm probably going to order my front stuff and shocks in the next few days and I'll assemble it during thanksgiving or christmas break from school.

And I can imagine how scared you were, I would be too if someone needed my car for whatever reason. The only person I trust to drive it is my dad, or some other mustang owner most likely.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

LOL. By the time I'm done with my car, nobody else will want to drive it. Manual brakes, manual transmission, manual steering (soon to be short-ratio), stiff suspension, no right side mirror... I've never let a gf drive it (haven't had one that's been capable/worthy), and there are only a handful of people I have let drive it.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:39 AM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boogerschnot
At least now she knows why I have been telling her that I need to rebuild the front suspension. So she is saying ok now, and we will do it when we get the money.
I guess we'll find you in Wikipedia under "Machiavelli".
Old 10-25-2009, 12:45 PM
03BottleFedGT
3rd Gear Member

i havent let anyone drive mine in 10 years, not many people can drive with no power brakes or power steering
Old 10-26-2009, 01:32 AM
Carlos Pineiro
3rd Gear Member

My wife has driven my car about 6 times in 19 years since I've had the car. On two occasions, I was in another car following while we we on the freeway home.

It's really cool to watch someone else drive my car, since that never happens. My wife is an excellent driver, so I'm not worried.

CP
Old 10-26-2009, 06:11 AM
opie_803
2nd Gear Member

Talking

mine has driven my car to work once. i was nervous but not nearly as nervous as her. she has seen the time and effort that has gone into it. she told me that if she wrecked it, she wouldn't be home that night... she made it home so all was well. the top was down when she pulled in the driveway and damn, nothin better than a sexy little blond in a muscle car!

she said she got alot of attention while driving it and asked when she could take it again. this could be good or bad.

Last edited by opie_803; 10-26-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:46 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Opie I think your vert is awesome. I keep telling my wife she can drive mine when I get it back out of the shop and she just wants to ride in the passenger seat. I was teasing her yesterday about getting a 65-66 convertible or fastback for her.

Quick Reply: My wife is driving my car!!!