Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Try this again....How much for a paint job??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 09:00 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by boogerschnot
I'd say take it to macco and get it done for the special. If you find the fender flares on ebay they can hook you up and paint it too. Dont listen to the other asses here, they will steer you wrong. Go to Macco! They do great work, and wont charge half as much as a "good shop" would.

lol
Nahh.

The real money saving is when you do it yourself...

Old 09-04-2010, 03:41 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Adrenolin
LMAO.. nice seeing you back
The feeling is mutual ol-buddie!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:57 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

When i was a kid my uncle bought a used pinto off the post office and painted it with house paint and a roller.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:39 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Originally Posted by LynnBob Mustang
WTF are you talking about? He is being very direct in his price estimate, you can get a $3K Macco paint job and have it look like crap or you can have a pro do it with hundreds of hours into it and spend $15K+ and it will win a show every time.
It is all about the prep and time put into it and what needs to be done, So YES the price can vary that much even on a ROUGH estimate.

No one here can give you a clear cut estimate on how much a paint job can/will cost.

Lynn

i can im in Brunswick OP drive here i will tell you how much to get it done :P
Old 09-06-2010, 12:24 AM
fast65
5th Gear Member

Hmmmmm, I haven't checked in with the classic section in awhile since I've been a little preoccupied with the SVO, but it seems I've been missing quite a bit of fun.

Phish, calm down, believe it or not JMD tried to give you an answer to the best of his abilities. I don't know what went down in the last thread, but clear things up in that thread don't start another one with the same question. Yes I realize that people on the internet can be mean sometimes, but take a bit of your own advice and grow a spine...i.e. don't let it get to you.

Now that that has been said, I will say that you made no effort to assist US in answering YOUR question in this thread (I don't know what happened in the last thread, not worth my time to look it up) so don't go bitching at us when you don't like the response you received. Pics would have helped immensely, they would have allowed us to see those rust spots and the condition of the body. The whole "7 out of 10 body" is not as helpful as it may seem; you see in EMS when we ask a patient what their pain is at on a scale of 1-10, some may describe a compound femur fracture as a 5, others may describe it as an 11 (yup, it goes up to 11), it's a subjective scale that is only useful if we know what a 1 represents and what a 10 represents. Your best bet to figure out what a good price would be is to go around to different body shops and get A LOT of quotes.

However, since you already received an answer for another forum, please feel free to continue being their village idiot, we'll do just fine without you.

-Fast65 (always late for the party)
Old 09-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Ericp831

sorry to be off topic but does anyone here know anything about injectors and maf
Old 09-06-2010, 03:31 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ericp831
sorry to be off topic but does anyone here know anything about injectors and maf
LOL.. Really. You should make another thread bud.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:37 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

Originally Posted by Ericp831

yes...but questions about the EFI setup on late model stangs is best asked in the 5.0 or 4.6 sections
Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 PM
bigwilliesillybilly

I have a 1965 mustang coupe that i took to maco and got the special wich was 500 bucks,which was to paint and hit it with a clear coat.I went with black. I took the time to sand it down and then take it there for them to paint.They said for a additional 1000 they would sand it down,but i decided to do it myself.So overall you could get a very good paint job with some sanding and alot of hours for 3500 tops,but since you said it was in good condition you might not need sanding so i bet you could get a very good paint job not from maco for a grand.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:35 PM
MustangFTW

Quick Reply: Try this again....How much for a paint job??