Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Prodject---My dads Pony

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

Well it was up early after a short nap,lol. Well I looked at seeing how to get the steering column out of the way--and figured it out. Its more a steering tube than a column. So I got the last of the dash stuff sanded down. Once I got that done I happen to look up--and damn the A-pillar looks just as bad. So that too got sanded down up to the cover piece where the headliner starts.

So now its all taped/masked and prepped.

All primered up.

And painted. I am really happy with how it turned out. Its going to make a HUGE difference on how the interior is going to look.

A pillar.

I dissassembed the steering tube and cleaned it all up. Greased the upper bearing, turn pivat and cleaned the turn signal switch. Primed and painted that as well.

Perfect timing as I am totaly exhausted and need to catch up on sleep and back to it early in the AM..
Old 10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crashfab
By request(and I had to agree) I pulled the radiator back out and threw some paint on it..

LOL!

(everyone was thinking it. So were you before you posted the rusty pic)
Old 10-11-2010, 11:40 PM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

So this morning after the paint had a chance to dry I went and pulled all the tape/paper. I am very happy how well it turned out.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:46 PM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

The coil bracket was--you guessed it--rusty,lol. So I grabbed a new one.

So I put in the new temp sensor and coil and finished up the wiring there--so thats DONE!

I pulled the drain plug on the fuel tank and drained the 6 year old fuel from the tank. It of course smelled old but looked incredably good. Once done I finished up the fuel line from the car to the pump--this is much better than it was.

So I threw a few gallons in the tank--thats DONE!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:53 PM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

So I had a problem after I put the brake master in but chose to ignore it and press on with other things. It was time to go back to it. After I got the master installed and the new hardline made from the master to the 4 way TEE---well when I was tightening one of the new lines there went the damn threads. That was one of the lines that was near impossable to remove so I figure thats what damaged it.

So I had looked around and there was no listing at my parts store I use (good place and knowledgeable folks). Ok I am under the gun and got an idea.

Here is what I came up with.

When I tried to install it I chose one little change on the main feed line. All I had to do was bend 2 lines slightly to make it work.

So once I got to that point I bled the whole system with only a couple small easily fixable leaks(some times you gotta crack a line and reseat it). Once done I adjusted the drums--Another thing DONE!!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 11:56 PM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

Its starting to feel great now that I am able to put more things into the DONE slot--and I am getting closer to being ready for paint.

Now here is another DONE thing and one thing I was really excited about--its now sitting on its new shoes!!!!

So now the hood and trunk lid are ready to be hung back onto the car!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:41 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

So you happy with the fitment of the firewall insulation? That is one of the few things on my car that is original. I probably should have replaced it.

The valve cover looks good, but the blue one looked even better.

That radiator looks tons better now. If it cools as good as it looks now, you should be good.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 AM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx65coupe
So you happy with the fitment of the firewall insulation? That is one of the few things on my car that is original. I probably should have replaced it.

The valve cover looks good, but the blue one looked even better.

That radiator looks tons better now. If it cools as good as it looks now, you should be good.
The fitment was actually pretty good and pretty dang close to the origional.

I agree on the blue and yes the rad gave it that little plus didn't it...
Old 10-12-2010, 02:08 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Looking good! You're seriously making incredible progress, I wish I could work that much on mine!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
crashfab
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hightower2011
Looking good! You're seriously making incredible progress, I wish I could work that much on mine!
Thanks. I have a good drive to get things done when need be. Although I finally broke down and went to bed early sunday--but my batteries are back up to full and ready to bust through the last bit..

Quick Reply: Prodject---My dads Pony