Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Put another 408w in my 70.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:49 AM
120mm
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Waffles
Very few things here put other people's projects to shame. We're all just after different goals and have different budgets. I had to sell a few of my guns, and save all my bonus money and do some extra hustling to make this possible.

I have a 65 Coupe that I am putting a little 289-2v into, and have the 68 with a 289-4v. Nothing special. Doesn't make them shameful. Just different ultimate goals.
You know; I am sitting here, right now, thinking about downsizing my engine plans, and this is actually timely advice.

My biggest problem is that I am very functional in mindset. I have a hard time committing time and effort to making my car "perfect" in aesthetics. And in fact, I probably won't mess with making it "look good".
Old 03-05-2013, 04:44 PM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 120mm
You know; I am sitting here, right now, thinking about downsizing my engine plans, and this is actually timely advice.

My biggest problem is that I am very functional in mindset. I have a hard time committing time and effort to making my car "perfect" in aesthetics. And in fact, I probably won't mess with making it "look good".
The real question is how long is perfect perfect? there are things I have done over time and then think to myself about doing it completely different even though at the time what I built was "perfect."

any who,

I dig the new stroker, I just dig strokers in general!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:22 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

obviously since you werent happy with the old stroker ill drive up and pick it up.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:28 AM
120mm
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 66JameStang
The real question is how long is perfect perfect? there are things I have done over time and then think to myself about doing it completely different even though at the time what I built was "perfect."

any who,

I dig the new stroker, I just dig strokers in general!
I am now considering my "build" to be the "first build" with a "second build" already in planning stage. Drive it until it wears out/falls apart and then build it again, only better.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:59 AM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 120mm
I am now considering my "build" to be the "first build" with a "second build" already in planning stage. Drive it until it wears out/falls apart and then build it again, only better.
That's pretty much the truth for a lot of people I think. I drove my car with the inline 6, eventually upgraded to the stroker and did the drive train at the same time. My car has also had two repaints haha. I did the interior at separate times as well!

The nice part was there were things that stayed every time so it wasn't a full gut every time! Looking forward to seeing your progress as it develops man!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rmodel65
obviously since you werent happy with the old stroker ill drive up and pick it up.
I'd hook you up, but I had someone pick it up for $1800. He stole it, but it was out of my way.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:34 PM
BuckeyeDemon
2nd Gear Member

Why didn't you keep the Victor Jr intake?
Old 03-09-2013, 09:26 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

youre killing me waffles id be on that like white on rice lol
Old 03-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BuckeyeDemon
Why didn't you keep the Victor Jr intake?
Clearance with the shaker became an issue with the new carb, and I looked at some specs on the performer vs the victor, and it looked like the performer would suit me better for the rpm range I was after.

By the way, your modifications on my base assembly helped tremendously. Thank you.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:03 PM
BuckeyeDemon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Waffles
Clearance with the shaker became an issue with the new carb, and I looked at some specs on the performer vs the victor, and it looked like the performer would suit me better for the rpm range I was after.

By the way, your modifications on my base assembly helped tremendously. Thank you.
what carb were you running before? do you have pictures of the vic jr with shaker? i'm still trying to figure out how you got that to work when i had so much trouble.

Quick Reply: Put another 408w in my 70.