Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

New 68 Coupe Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Default New 68 Coupe Project

I wanted to step into a new GT350 but after realizing I'd have to wait another 3 years if I wanted to pay cash instead of credit I realized I needed to get into a Mustang right now for my sanity.

I looked at another SN95 but I just couldn't find the right one. This 68 takes me back to my Car roots and I'm in heaven right now, even with its troubles.

'68 Coupe
347w stroker -93 block with Eagle internals
Huge Lunati cam
Willwood manual Disc conversion up front
4.11 / posi but no idea what's inside
T-5 Tansmission w/ McCloud clutch -Hydraulic

There's a ton of bad btu it's manageable.
*The PO used Plasti-Dip make the car more "Rally" lol -but I can't peel it off cause he didn't put it on thick enough. SMDH
*Some Cancer but not enough to need to replace large panels.
*Truck and floorboards have just enough to want to cut out the panel but not enough to make it a priority
*The when the PO did the Fox block swap, he blocked off the Timing cover dipstick hole so he could fit the Serpentine brackets.. ..no way to check the oil, lol.
*Doors and windows all need new Tracks, handles and it needs a new windsheild.
*All the trim needs to be replaced.

As far as Classic Project cars go, I don't think I could have gotten more car for my money.

This was a poor picture showing the new rear valance I put on to fit the exhaust I had put on the next day.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:48 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Enjoy the car!!!