Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Fuel line pressure relief

Old 07-22-2017, 10:21 PM
Red Bear

Talking Fuel line pressure relief

I needed to release the fuel pressure on my 06 GT in order to swap out the fuel pump but I wasn't able to locate the schrader valve so I decided to relieve it by disconnecting the fuel line from the fuel rail. Well, as usual I couldn't find my disconnect tool. I decided to cut the top out of a plastic water bottle, cut a section of it out so I could squeeze it down to the right diameter and push it into the connector to spread the spring retainer. It didn't work at first till I took my razor knife and cut the treads off then it worked like a dream. What you have to do in a crunch.:icon_m oped:
Old 07-22-2017, 10:30 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Default GOOD FIX!

Originally Posted by Red Bear
I needed to release the fuel pressure on my 06 GT in order to swap out the fuel pump but I wasn't able to locate the schrader valve so I decided to relieve it by disconnecting the fuel line from the fuel rail. Well, as usual I couldn't find my disconnect tool. I decided to cut the top out of a plastic water bottle, cut a section of it out so I could squeeze it down to the right diameter and push it into the connector to spread the spring retainer. It didn't work at first till I took my razor knife and cut the treads off then it worked like a dream. What you have to do in a crunch.:icon_m oped:

I have the plastic tools for disconnecting those garter-spring fittings, and sometimes they are too soft to spread the spring enough. One real tough one I cut the bottom off a 9mm shell casing, slit it lengthwise, slipped it in over the plastic tool: popped the dang fitting right apart! imp

Search this Thread