Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Photobucket Ruined Everything

Old 07-27-2017, 12:46 PM
guitarman376
3rd Gear Member

Default Photobucket Ruined Everything

I am on various forums every day almost, and I am pretty upset over Photobuckets changed policies with embedding. So many quality write ups and threads have lost their value due to the photos not being embedded anymore and not even being accessible through links. Basically this is a venting thread, please feel free to chime in and hate on photobucket with me!
Old 07-27-2017, 01:22 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by guitarman376
I am on various forums every day almost, and I am pretty upset over Photobuckets changed policies with embedding. So many quality write ups and threads have lost their value due to the photos not being embedded anymore and not even being accessible through links. Basically this is a venting thread, please feel free to chime in and hate on photobucket with me!
Yeah, a LOT of people have had problems because of that now.

I have generally avoided using any type of hosting site or cloud based site for just this reason. the TAC (terms and conditions) pretty much state, they own your shiz and if we decide to change their TAC you are SOL and must bow to them or lose your shiz. Or, in the case of when they go under, tough cookies, they own it all anyway so you could lose everything even if it's content that you have rights to.

Everyone thinks the cloud is great and that going digital storage and hosting sites is the best way...nope, not IMO. I'll keep my CDs, Blurays, and other media and electronic documents on my own media and storage devices. If I need it somewhere, I'll use what's on my USB flash drive and upload it. Yes I do carry one with me that has stuff I use for when I need it. If it won't fit on a USB flash drive, I probably don't need it anyways.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:43 PM
Gun Jam

Yeah I watched that occurring wondering what was going on. Photo****it is done. Kathy Griffin was like no one could screw up a business as bad as I did... and as far as I can tell PB was like "hold my beer"

Its like they got mad or greedy with the Internet and wanted dominate and pirate and plunder "IT ALL MINE" they yelled as they weighed anchor in anger and set sail for revenge, hoist the black flag as they loaded the 4 pounders. They thought they had the world by the nutz when they slunk into internet cove but the in the dark felt their skin crawl as they heard the locals say: "You should have turned back sooner"

Last edited by Gun Jam; 07-27-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:13 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Yeah it sucks. The other day I was searching for some **** and found a thread where photos would have been really damn handy.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:14 AM
SpecOps-13@tampabay.rr.com

Photobucket is toast. Just to make more money as is most everything else...
Old 07-28-2017, 03:20 PM
guitarman376
3rd Gear Member

I'm certainly done using PB for uploading images, and I'm still asking people if they're using something similar that allows embedding. I tried imgur and it's trash. There has to be something out there right? I can't get over this! Unless they reverse their policy (unlikely) I hope they go out of business.

I love comedy and not once did i ever think K.G. was funny...
Old 07-28-2017, 04:25 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

On MustangForums.com, you can actually upload images to the website directly so you wont have to screw around with a third party image hosting ******* website.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:11 PM
guitarman376
3rd Gear Member

I will definitely learn/utilize that soon.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:57 PM
Gun Jam

how did this go unnoticed by so many? I was **** me dead this awesome!! like 30sec after it was made available

Search this Thread