Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

1966 mustang door handle button sticking

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 07:28 AM
tom taras

Default 1966 mustang door handle button sticking

drivers side door on my 1966 mustang convertible outside door handle button sticking-will not pop out completely after opening door-what is the issue and what is the quick fix or do i have to remove the door panel to correct the problem-and what is the correction-tks
Old 06-24-2017, 01:19 AM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

Pop off the door panel and spray all the moving door components with brake or carb cleaner. This is a quick easy solution but I've done this in like 5 classics. You can try to get it without taking the door panel off by spraying in the lock and around the button it may work depending on how badly its gunked up
Old 01-06-2018, 09:37 AM
R2TJL174FDNY

Unhappy

Originally Posted by drewsky
Pop off the door panel and spray all the moving door components with brake or carb cleaner. This is a quick easy solution but I've done this in like 5 classics. You can try to get it without taking the door panel off by spraying in the lock and around the button it may work depending on how badly its gunked up
Any hints on getting the panel to pop off without causing any damage? Thanks!!
Old 01-17-2018, 01:14 PM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

a flat hear screw driver and go slowly. find the clips with your fingers, you can feel them through the vinyl.