Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Fast and furious tokyo drift

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 07:29 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Default RE: Fast and furious tokyo drift

ORIGINAL: fast65

ORIGINAL: speeddoesnotkill

i noticed that somebody down there mentioned that they swapped engines I recommend rewatching the movie the engine block was missing from the mustang, and they probably bought a wreck or wrecks and restored them for the movie as it would be cheaper to do that as any owner of one of these cars would ask for a fortune if they knew there was a possibility the car would be trashed and if the owners didn't ask for a fortune then chances are the car sucks anyway and to top it all off the car looked more like a shelby gt kit with some improvisions to make it look like a mustang and for all we know all of the mustangs used could have been kit cars which are horrible replicas anyway so who gives a shiat[sm=bicker.gif]
Why would you bring this back?[&:]
+1
Old 06-08-2008, 07:49 PM
fast65
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gun Jam

I guess what pisses me off about the movie is that now everyone thinks the damn ricers are where the drifitng all started and in Japan as well and now a lot of you guys talk $h!t about drifting because its a "ricer thing"

Drifiting is awesome and its not a ricer game can anyone say group B?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYhiJeRPgdw
These are arguably some of the worlds best drivers I hope maybe this video will shed some light on real drifitng. Please remember these drivers before talking down on drifting

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TKgeCQGu_ug

-Gun

+1, Those guys that drove the Group B cars were and still are absolutely amazing. I would love to be able to spend a day with one of those drivers, I would be able to learn so much.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:13 AM
66JameStang
4th Gear Member

Don't get me wrong I think drifting is awesome, but i would not do it in a ricer car... the best line of the movie was he called the ricers toys, I know a guy here in cruces with a camaro and he drifts and it is pretty awesome.