Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Fast and furious tokyo drift

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 02:51 AM
Mach1351C4v

Default RE: Fast and furious tokyo drift

Yea i saw that one too and found out its like a 67 BUT what KILLED IT was that they swaped out the engine and put in a nissan skyline engine in it. the engine is a inline 6 turbo that messures out at 2.6L lol. i was mad when i found this out!
Old 06-14-2006, 03:21 AM
KTM
2nd Gear Member

Here it is: Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift MustangNissan [sm=badidea.gif]
Old 06-14-2006, 03:30 AM
67t5ponycoupe
5th Gear Member

Dang I just make a front valance just like that. Now everyone will say I copied the movie. I guess l'll have to scrap it!

[IMG]local://upfiles/27838/B70451AE9F7A479A8209A63F4723FE35.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-14-2006, 05:39 AM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Oh, and to all you kids worrying about the Skyline motor -- all the "crashed" Mustangs were equipped with a regular-old V6.
i'm glad these ricers cleared this one up for me. i never knew the classics had regular-old V6's

The lone RB-powered car managed to walk away from the film unscathed.
oh, and god forbid, god forbid they kill one with a ricer motor in it.

i say **** this! let's boycott all of these movies, we must save out classics! what next a model t with a sylvia motor in it?! our childrens children will never know what classics are after hollywood and F&F are done with them.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Decurion
2nd Gear Member

the crashed ones were actually well built 351s. I think its kinda cool to see something different in a classic mustang. For example a couple months back in I think MM&FF there was a 63 falcon with an original straight 6 that ran 13.20s with the help of a small turbo. Buuuut, having said that I hope this idea of import motors in classic sheetmetal doesnt catch on. It was cool once, and lets leave it at that. Oh, and for more info on the movie cars, check out this months issue of HOT ROD.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:28 AM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

Domestic guys are pissed because this very clean and very classic 'Stang has been outfitted with a treasure trove of Japanese tuning parts.
damn striaght
Old 06-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I hate the idea of putting a Skyline engine in a classic Mustang too. But, I will say this......When I was working in Japan, my son was in high school, and I bought him a Nisssan Skyline. It had been beefed up, but the engine was the straight 6. I have been driving hot rods since I was just a kid, and I am telling you, that was the fastest car I have ever driven, to include my 03 Mach 1.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

I hate the idea of putting a Skyline engine in a classic Mustang too. But, I will say this......When I was working in Japan, my son was in high school, and I bought him a Nisssan Skyline. It had been beefed up, but the engine was the straight 6. I have been driving hot rods since I was just a kid, and I am telling you, that was the fastest car I have ever driven, to include my 03 Mach 1.
+1, i have read a bit into them and have a dvd all about the skyline (flame suit on!). they are some powerful cars. easy "tune" to 1000HP the AWD is crazy, rear until the rear shakes loose and the front kicks in to keep the car from spining out. but, once again, no need to have one in classic, maybe a fox, but not a classic!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:26 PM
67Rally
2nd Gear Member

Oh, great. Now we get to hear classic American muscle wind up like sewing machine with Yuban-can exhaust. Puhleaze!

Japan still can't compete with the big boys. Their miserable attempt to break into Top Fuel Funny cars illustrates this. So, instead people try to justify this by going after 40-50 year-old technology with the modern rice-age. That mentality is about as intelligent as comparing a Ford focus to a '68 Corolla. What's the point?

These Too Fast, Too Stupid films serve no purpose.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:07 PM
atomsk680
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67Rally

Oh, great. Now we get to hear classic American muscle wind up like sewing machine with Yuban-can exhaust. Puhleaze!

Japan still can't compete with the big boys. Their miserable attempt to break into Top Fuel Funny cars illustrates this. So, instead people try to justify this by going after 40-50 year-old technology with the modern rice-age. That mentality is about as intelligent as comparing a Ford focus to a '68 Corolla. What's the point?

These Too Fast, Too Stupid films serve no purpose.
they couldnt have even put 2 cans for dual exhaust, it probably wouldnt look AS bad as it does without!

Quick Reply: Fast and furious tokyo drift