Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

CJ PONY PARTS SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:51 AM
jes72mustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: CJ PONY PARTS SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

I think 67Rally stated this very well. I have to agree that we as a society have become very accostomed to immediate gratification, and when we can not get it we get upset.

Valley, I am sorry to hear about your poor experience. I have not dealt with CJ through Ebay, but I understand the Ebay shop is handled by a different group at CJ's than the regular mail order. That may be the difference in service that some of us have seen. Another thing to consider I beleive they have a single person that is in charge of the Ebay part of the business and it being summer they could have been on vacation.

To add to What 67Sally pointed out I just recieved an email from CJ the other day that Mondays in August will be Metal Mondays and sheet metal will be discounted when orderd on mondays, I think it was 20%.

I have had all good experiences with CJ's and I have been to their shop, ordered on line, by phone and bought from their tent at Carlisle.

Have you tried calling them and expressing your disaapointment with the transaction? Your feedback might help them improve their way of doing things for the future. Most comapnies are open to constructive criticism.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:18 AM
hity645
2nd Gear Member

I never order anything off of ebay if they have an online store. And I always call and order than order online, that way we can make sure the parts are the correct one.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:57 AM
stangimgood
2nd Gear Member

i have ordered MANY parts from CJPP....online...onphone...onEbay...had only one delayed ship in @ 15 orders...i think that is an outstanding job of taking care of business!! it is also nice to see someone else with the same business practice as myself... yes even i make mistakes, but as said...it's how we correct them that counts...even i expect things in a hurry from time to time.... waiting for that dang box takes forever sometimes!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:30 AM
hutchamatic
2nd Gear Member

I have had good luck with them. I normally use Dallas and Laurel Mountain. Laurel Mountain has cheap prices and very high shipping.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:05 PM
351foxstang
3rd Gear Member

ive ordered online, by phone and in person and they were always very easy to deal with.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:13 PM
MustangPammie
3rd Gear Member

Could be they had to wait for the parts from their supplier, though they should have notified you if there was an issue.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:25 PM
dawtips
2nd Gear Member

I have ordered online and bought a gas tank + kit through eBay from CJPP and everything went very smoothly for me.

In fact, just as I was typing this I got an email from them stating 10% off Friday-Sunday with coupon code: J2830.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:25 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

CJ Pony hahaha...The worst dealer I have ever dealt with. Back in 2001 when I was finishing my Mach 1 resto, I decided to order a duel exhaust kit from them. The set came with exhaust pipe that not only didn't bend the correct way, but wasn't even the same dimesion. Some parts were 2 inch. Some were 2.5 inches. And one pipe was 3 inches. When I called to inform them of the error,they sent me replacements. Again, the same exact incorrect pipes. I informed them that I wanted to return the item. They advised me that "I" would have to pay for the return shipping. They weren't going to reimburse me either. So in order to get my money back I had to pay $45.00. Never again! To this day when I go to Carlisle, I walk right past their tent. They could be giving crap away and I'd refuse to accept. The title of your post was most accurate. They suck!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:35 PM
jes72mustang
2nd Gear Member

Not to get into a debate here, but it looks like the there were two poor experiences with and otherwise good company and you guys are condeming them. I think I have seen threads on this forum for almost all of the major mustang parts suppliers where someone has had a bad experience. SO if we as a forum stop doing business with the companies because one or two people have a bad experience where does that leave us to get our parts from?

Every company goes through periods where they are in a state of flux. Employees come and go, policies change, supplies change even management changes.

For me, my experience has always been wonderful when dealing with CJPP, and I will continue to do business with them as long as they have the parts I need and the price is close to the other suppliers.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:41 PM
palerider
4th Gear Member

Order a bunch of stuff from them since I bought my car in april - nothing but positive. I even had trouble finding the right power steering hoses for my car and they sent pictures of different options. I buy a lot of stuff thru internet and other suppliers and consider CJ a class act corp - I usually don't endorse dealer but hat to hear people trashing a company I have had good luck with..

Quick Reply: CJ PONY PARTS SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!