Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

CJ PONY PARTS SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

Old 07-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CJ PONY PARTS SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

The only thing they did wrong was not notify you of a delay. Yeah, in short, they screwed up, but they are not a bad company. i know several dozen guys with everything from classics to foxes to sn95's and they all order from CJ with no problems. The ease and speed of buying these things online has well surpassed the speed and ease of shipping. There can be 100+ people ordering stuff on the same day and that can slow down the people who have to take care of the shipping. There could also be computer problems where they don't get the order or they can't process the shipping. There are many things that could have gone wrong that day/week.

Now as per the exhaust kit, that could have very well been the vendor who screwed up, not CJ. And most places require you to pay return shipping on things. personally I do understand your frustration, but I think you are being a little harsh.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: CJ PONY PARTS SUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

ORIGINAL: jes72mustang

Not to get into a debate here, but it looks like the there were two poor experiences with and otherwise good company and you guys are condeming them. I think I have seen threads on this forum for almost all of the major mustang parts suppliers where someone has had a bad experience. SO if we as a forum stop doing business with the companies because one or two people have a bad experience where does that leave us to get our parts from?

Every company goes through periods where they are in a state of flux. Employees come and go, policies change, supplies change even management changes.

For me, my experience has always been wonderful when dealing with CJPP, and I will continue to do business with them as long as they have the parts I need and the price is close to the other suppliers.
That's a pretty broad statement to say every company goes through periods where they are in a state of flux. With proper management techniques, periods such as these can be avoided totally. Obviously, not all companies can please everyone all the time. That's just not realistic, but if policy is followed to inform customers of back ordered parts and such, then a higher level of customer satisfaction is achieved. As a customer, I avoid a lot of the frustrations by calling on the phone and talking to a live sales person. That way, I immediately know if the part is in stock, and can get a better picture of what I am ordering as well as a more accurate delivery date and time.