Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

whats the best book u seen for mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 12:30 AM
ad1997
1st Gear Member

Default RE: whats the best book u seen for mustangs?

anyone not a newbie download this yet? the computer im at wont let me it says its unsecure

thanks
Old 08-13-2006, 02:02 AM
65Pony
1st Gear Member

roofless only has 4 posts, not to say the thing is a virus or whatever, But someone who just pops in with files sometimes cant be trusted. I have learned that the hard way before [&:]
Old 08-13-2006, 02:21 AM
ad1997
1st Gear Member

ya and a guy named roofless lol thanks for the heads up i hope it dosnt have a virus
ORIGINAL: 65Pony

roofless only has 4 posts, not to say the thing is a virus or whatever, But someone who just pops in with files sometimes cant be trusted. I have learned that the hard way before [&:]
Old 08-13-2006, 05:17 AM
Calixtus

ORIGINAL: ad1997

or has anyone seen better? whats the diffrence from the shop manual and chiltons?
The Chilton's is much more readable and is organized in a way that you can look stuff up. It also has an index, which helps alot. Being a Mustang newbie, I didn't know anything, like even where to jack the car. The shop manual assumes you know all that I guess. The handy thing about the shop manual is that it ends each section with torques, capacities, and other specs, so you know right where to look for them. Both books have the same arrangement as far as mashing together all of the different models and engines in some sections, so you have to jump around a bit. I'd recommend getting both if you can.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:38 AM
Twister
5th Gear Member

the Ford manual is about $40 and is more detailed than any other one...it is also year specific and has the most I6 specific information
Old 08-13-2006, 06:18 AM
Roofless

I only have 4 posts because I relatively new to this forum and I'm more a reader than a poster. I'm on the VMF forum for many years as "66candy" but I changed my handle on this forum because I recently bought a 66 convertible which is not Candyapple Red. I have no intentions to spread computer viruses and I only wanted to give a tip where to get a shopmanual in PDF format.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:44 AM
ad1997
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Roofless

I only have 4 posts because I relatively new to this forum and I'm more a reader than a poster. I'm on the VMF forum for many years as "66candy" but I changed my handle on this forum because I recently bought a 66 convertible which is not Candyapple Red. I have no intentions to spread computer viruses and I only wanted to give a tip where to get a shopmanual in PDF format.
that being said i went for the download and roofless i opoligize for the dout, so far no virus and it is the manual , thanks for the gold mine of information
Old 08-13-2006, 08:33 AM
paddy187
4th Gear Member

Erwin,

I think people are being super cautious, i have downloaded it and scanned it and no problems!!
Old 08-13-2006, 01:29 PM
6788notch
1st Gear Member

Hi Roofless

I didn't mean to be rude or offensive, I just wanted to make sure it was good because the site gave me pop ups right away & I always get a little worried but I guess I should have guessed that most viruses aren't 200MB ....haha

I did download it and it is awesome thank you

Darcy
Old 08-13-2006, 04:07 PM
ad1997
1st Gear Member

ya roofless it was precation reaction from the unsecure website but thanks again the info is awsome !
your the man, go netherlands!

Quick Reply: whats the best book u seen for mustangs?