Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Has anyone used dallas mustang?

Old 08-27-2006, 04:29 PM
shr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Has anyone used dallas mustang?

well thanks for the info i will give them a try and see how it goes, i will let you guys know
Old 08-27-2006, 06:25 PM
hity645
2nd Gear Member

I just bought a book from a vendor in Texas, I believe it was the one in wasco. First the one I wanted was OOS, and the guy kept badgering me until I agreed to try a diff book and he'd refund the difference. Then I get it and its for the wrong year, then I get the correct one 3 weeks later and all the pages are faded away. Not impressed at all.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:45 PM
MustangBuddha

My .02 is just that I can also recommend Texas Mustang mentioned earlier, as well as John's Mustang out of Houston. I've not used either in about ten years, but I'll be picking up another '65 next weekend and I'll be back in the market for classic parts. I'll be going to John's and Texas Mustang first. I vaguely recall that John's is just a bit cheaper with a wider selection, but that recollection is ten years old.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

http://www.mustangproject.com
Try these guys too. They are relatively new and near Austin.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Leighky
1st Gear Member

I have purchased from Dallas Mustang a few times and have had mixed experiences. One time they will be very helpful on the phone and ship quick and other times they have been real jerks and act like they don't care anything about getting your business and ship slowly i.e it took several weeks for me to receive my fog light kit and I lived close enough that the shipping only took 1 day (Dallas to Ft.Worth). So I suggest giving them a try and see how they work for you.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Leighky

I have purchased from Dallas Mustang a few times and have had mixed experiences. One time they will be very helpful on the phone and ship quick and other times they have been real jerks and act like they don't care anything about getting your business and ship slowly i.e it took several weeks for me to receive my fog light kit and I lived close enough that the shipping only took 1 day (Dallas to Ft.Worth). So I suggest giving them a try and see how they work for you.
If it was only from Dallas to Ft. Worth, then you should have gone to the vendor and inspected the product before you paid for it. DA......
Old 08-27-2006, 09:56 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

I like using mustangs unlimited. They are 10 minutes away. Although I have had multiple problems, it is no big deal because i can just drive back up there.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:03 PM
shr
3rd Gear Member

well here in wichita we have a sherman auto parts supplier but they only order on the 15th of each month and it takes approx 5 days to get here so....im forced to go out of town to find something
Old 08-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Bulldog66
3rd Gear Member

NPD offers free shipping if the order is over 300 bucks. I use NPD every chance I get. I've befriended one of the reps there and he takes that extra time to make sure I get what I want and it's right the first time.

I'm also about an hour away from them if by chance my order is over weight ( which it was when I bought my springs, etc. ) and I don't want to pay shipping. I just drive to get it.

I've dealt w/ Year One, Dallas Mustangs and one other from Oklahoma. They were all ok, but I came to the conclusion to use one vendor for everything I can. THe rep gets his comission, I get my part right everytime and we're all hunky dory [8D]
Old 08-28-2006, 09:01 PM
hutchamatic
2nd Gear Member

I use Dallas for most of my parts. The rest come from Laurel Mountain or from the place I am a dealer for . JMC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone used dallas mustang?