Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Im done with mustangs unlimited.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Im done with mustangs unlimited.

I also had a bad experience with Mustang Unlimited.

I love Mustang Plus outta Stockton California, they have great service and a great color catalog/inventory.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Galactusz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

Hey, if you need a custom item for Mustang specific, then go to the Mustang vendors. They all carry the same stuff. Some of them have marketed themselves better than others, so they get more customers such as you guys. A part made in China is stilll a part made in China no matter which Mustang vendor you go with. Quit kidding yourselves that there are better parts among these Mustang vendors. They are all the same, but with different pricing schemes due to advertising. We can also argue the same question about whether or not Autozone, Pepboys or any other chain parts vendor is better than the other. Original parts are obviously better than aftermarket, but are getting harder and harder to find. I think we may be facing a parts crunch in a very few short years regarding out classics. Can you imagine owning a 1952 Ford F-100 pickup, and having to find a special part for it?
This is true, I'm mainly pointing out my preference over other ones in terms of customer service, shipping, return policies, and other similar perks like that.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:10 PM
hutchamatic
2nd Gear Member

I use NPD, Dallas, Laurel Mountain, Mustang Plus and Mustangs Unlimited. I don't like MU. I ahve had a few bad experences with them. Dallas has stepped up a few times. One time in particular, They billed me twice for an expensive shipment, overdrafted my checking acount. They refunded and paid my overdraft fees. They sent me a wrong part, it was a bracket of some kind, about $15. I called and they said keep it and they would refund my money. Was not worth the time or money for them to have it shipped back. I get my suspension stuff from Laurel Mountain because of the price.

I use NPD for Mustangs, Chevelles, , Impala's and F series pickup parts. I have had great luck with them. I am a dealer for JMC motorsports but even my dealer price are kinda high except for the stuff they manufactor.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Fuzzydicedad

FYI - I noticed you were replacing your instrument voltage regulator. jme enterprises http://www.jmeenterprises.com/ makes really cool nextgen instrument panels for vintage mustangs. They recently released one for the 69-70 stang and I put one in our 69 Mach I. Highly recommended! FuzzyDiceRule (my son) will post a picture of our installation. I spent about $500 to get the old one working (bought 4 on e-bay, 2 voltage regulators and 2 circuit boards combined ) to get it working before they released the 69.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:47 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

here it is, it looks really cool, and its alot less of a hassle than replacing the VR.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:04 AM
65Vert
2nd Gear Member

damn i just ran into this thread now...Mustangs Unlimited has been unsatisfactory for me as well. I also wasted more money tracking things down making international calls to no avail. and still have to see a part i ordered and which they now blame on another supplier.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:13 PM
mach1muscle

ORIGINAL: Soaring

For about 90% of the parts you need for your classic Mustang you can get at any parts place like Autozone. You are paying 3X the amount by going to most Mustang Parts vendors. I have heard some positive comments about Mustangsunlimited, but most comments have been negative.
Now that is funny. I wish Autozone had 90% of the parts for a classic mustang. They might have 90% of the mechanical parts (which are junk), but restoring a Mustang is more than mechanical parts. I have used many of the vendors including Mustangs Unlimited. They all have their issues. Nothing with an order is ever 100% correct in my experience. I am more disturbed by the terrible quality of aftermarket parts. For instance Corvex moulding is terrible. They do not fit, they are thin, easy to damage. Just junk. Aftermarket shaker trim is junk. Holes do not line up, contour is not correct. I could go on and on. I just do not understand how all the supply houses can market all this junk.