Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

What do you think of this color

Old 12-20-2006, 02:54 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Default What do you think of this color

Once my car is running I will be taking it to a body shop (as soon as I find one) and get it painted. I think I'm pretty set on painting it the original color (Soaring will be happy haha) and just wanted to get everyones opinions. I don't think this is a very common color as I can't find many pics at all of it on the internet. So if anybody has pictures of a mustang in this color, please post them

The color is called "Winter Blue"

So what do you all think? I have a few more pics, but they are on my other computer.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Gun Jam

Default RE: What do you think of this color

I give it 8 out of 10 its not bad at all, perhaps if I saw it in person I would like it better. I have a feeling the pictures dont do it justice.

Gun
Old 12-20-2006, 03:06 AM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

i say 7 out of 10, id want it a tad darker but to each his own
Old 12-20-2006, 03:09 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

+1 on the darker part needs a more sinister appeal being its a 69-70 fastback
Old 12-20-2006, 03:11 AM
Smothers
3rd Gear Member

Dig it!
Old 12-20-2006, 03:18 AM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

+1 on the darker part needs a more sinister appeal being its a 69-70 fastback
ya everyone wants a 69/70 fast back mean and sinister looking, its kinda hard to take it seriously if its a lighter color (except maybe yellows, grabber orange, or red). their is a 69 at the mustang roundup that i go to every year that it is a Mary Kay car....yes...im afraid to say it....but yes....its pink....its a damn pink monstrosity
Old 12-20-2006, 03:28 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

I like.

I will say a little darker would look nice, as long as you add some silver metal flake (small size flakes, not big) to set it off a little. A dark blue metal flake in that lighter color would also look killer. I think I'd also like a darker color with the light blue metal flake.

How 'bout......[&:]

(picking colors is a long tedious road....good luck)
Old 12-20-2006, 04:46 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Thanks everyone for you input! I really appreciate it. I agree with the darker colors looking better on this body style, but I like the idea of painting it the original color as I feel that would add more value to the car and would be a nice conversation piece.

I think that the pictures don't do it justice, even though I havn't seen it in person. Winter Blue IS a metallic color, so there would be small sized metal flakes

There seems to be some of the original color left near the inner fenders/door jambs that I can see since the fenders are off at the moment. This paint is a LOT darker than that off those pictures, but I can't be too sure if it would be the same shade if the car is painted that.

Also some paint swatches I saw for winter blue in a color code book did seem darker..... let's hope so!!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:07 AM
gothand
5th Gear Member

I like it as well. Like you, mine is originally a lighter shade (Silver Blue) and I thought of going a bit darker like Guardsman Blue. Ultimately, I decided that the original color was somewhat unique from what I've seen on the road and I'll stick with it.

BTW, please post up info on what you find out on a good paint/body place and what kind of estimates you get. I'm just over the bridge from you and probably a few months behind you for painting.

Jeff
Old 12-20-2006, 05:59 AM
4reboy
5th Gear Member

Oh will do for sure man, I still remember that thread I posted awhile back, be glad to help you out. The only place we have so far (havn't gone to them yet) was referred to by Mustang Country, as that's where they take their cars to get body work and paint. The place is called "Crook Brothers Body Shop" and they're located in downey. PM me if u want their phone number. Based on what I saw at Mustang Country their work is very high quality. The cars come out very straight and paint looks great. We talked to the workers their and they said paint jobs there range from 6,000 to 10,000. Thats definitely a pretty penny, so hopefully we'll find a good shop that is much cheaper!

I don't know what your price range is, but that 6-10K is definitely too much for us, my car isn't going to be a show car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you think of this color