Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Supercharger install picutres

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Timelockmind
3rd Gear Member

Default Supercharger install picutres

The engine bay build begins...

The following pictures are just a mock up of componants. The supercharger will be put in place by tomorrow. The manifold is being switched from the Eldenbrock "Enduroshine" to the Eldenbrock "polished aluminum" finish.

What you see is very, very incomplete - like being half-dressed.

I will post more pixs as the work progresses.

I think the black valve covers are going to work great. The reaction of the shop guys is very positive.

I want this bay to be somehting really special. I would like your opinionsoff my efforts - I take no offense if this isn't your cup of tea. I'm having a blast!

The polished Griffin raditator will also be on soon.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53233/BB1788AFAECC4DF18261B5B51B3D356E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/53233/21729E08C9C44F3EA632F20499EF82FA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/53233/32B959BBCD09463DB9D5D56409F720BB.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 PM
longlive289s
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger install picutres

looks really unique and those black valve covers are crazy. i definatly havnt seen ne thing like it and it looks very nice even now.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

That paxton is going to be wicked.........but a blue block with black and red valve covers? hmmmmmmm
Old 01-18-2007, 05:15 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

hey, thats what i wanted to do,lol. i was inches from ordering those valve covers with my bluw block, but instead i got the black wrinkle with 351 in it
Old 01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

how much worse is the gas mileage going to be with that super charger?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

looks sweet but i hope your going with some headers to help let out all the air you will be cramming in.

black covers = nice
black covers with red trim = hmmmmm....... maybe blue trim would go better?

in any case, supercharged carb'd motors kick @ss
Old 01-18-2007, 06:55 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

why not take those valve covers and scrpe away the red and finish with blue so that they are black with the matching ford blue. if you want a great engine bay little details like that make a big difference
Old 01-18-2007, 07:38 PM
edgars23
1st Gear Member

I agree with the red accents on the Valve Covers. It looks too awkward with the blue block. However, that is with a completley empty engine bay. If you are going with an MSD ignition setup, it may actually look good with a red dizzy/wire and ign. box. If it stays the way it is now, I personally don't think it'll be a big hit at the shows. Small details pay off, especially if you want the "wow" factor. I would suggest either painting the red accents blue or painting the block red to match the accents (some may consider too close to the chevy orange though).

With that said, it looks really good as is. Much better than my engine bay. Please post up when there is more progress.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgars23

I agree with the red accents on the Valve Covers. It looks too awkward with the blue block. However, that is with a completley empty engine bay. If you are going with an MSD ignition setup, it may actually look good with a red dizzy/wire and ign. box. If it stays the way it is now, I personally don't think it'll be a big hit at the shows. Small details pay off, especially if you want the "wow" factor. I would suggest either painting the red accents blue or painting the block red to match the accents (some may consider too close to the chevy orange though).

With that said, it looks really good as is. Much better than my engine bay. Please post up when there is more progress.
i think, if anything, blue block with blue details or black block, with black covers and red details......no red block....yuck.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:14 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

the blue detailing on black valve covers would look pretty slick, although I have the same valve cover design and getting into those milled out channels are pretty damn hard (i've gotten polishing compound in there a couple times and its a bitch to remove). It would take a little effort to cleaning paint over the existing red graphics.

Quick Reply: Supercharger install picutres