Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

my car was "in an accident" due to a drunk.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 08:30 PM
HMUSN
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: my car was wrecked by a drunk.

so the car got inpounded...

then there should be a polic report of that misshap.

make sure to get a copy of that as well if it goes to court.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:35 PM
hellion_79
5th Gear Member

Was the power steering problem fixed?? And yah, get money from him, wether its cash out of his pocket or cash from the courts. That bumper new problt cost somewhere like 200-400 im guessing.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Mykkus
1st Gear Member

Bumper, Valance, Paint, detailing, and new rim to replaced the one with rash.

Sue his ***. Not that it'll do much good. Most drunks are broke.
Sorry that happened man, I completely sympathize. It ain't right.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:52 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

2 new rims...both have rash. plus a full, professionaly detail to get the stains and **** out.

Sorry chicken man
Old 05-17-2007, 08:56 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

Just a guess, but judging from the damage to your car, I would say that the car might have been in an accident with much more potential for damage than the car shows. I meanhow did both front tires and rims get scuffed along with the damage to the front?

My guess is that the car was totally out of control, sideways,and/or off the road or somthing. I would go to an alignment shop to see if the alignment has been knocked out, and I would check over the undercairagecarefully.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:02 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

thanks for all the advice guys, ill take all i can get. this is my first "wreck", if anyone gunna wreck my car id rather it be me. anyway, ill get teh police report and check the under side for damage. I am unsure of what exactally happend during the accident, but i will know. so far ive thought about A. killing him, but then decided to B. break his legs so he will never drive. the ****er spent the night in jail, should spend some more time there. unfortunately i dont know how much we can get out of him, hes probably broke. my dad put 6 calls in for him in the last few hours to get him to come down here and talk to him. I will not look at him, infact my parents want me out of the house. hopefully my dad will get some kind of explination out of him, if the son of a bitch remembers.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:07 PM
dr1965
2nd Gear Member

its in your best intrest NOT to be home. I am sure your dad knows how much this is effecting you, and will do the right things to help you. Makes you wonder how long, and how meny cars he has driven with a load on. Hang in there bud, things will work out in the long run, if it dosn't, you got about 100 mustang owners behind you, that will put this man through hell and back.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:10 PM
6marc5
3rd Gear Member

You said the car was in impound.Does this mean your mechanic spent the night in the pokey or did he get away without getting arrested? That really sucks for you guys! Sorry to see this.

Sorry,never mind,I only read page one and not page two....answered my own question
Old 05-17-2007, 09:15 PM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

get the police report and all the info you can proving he drove it drunk and wrecked talk to your insurance and make him pay for it
Old 05-17-2007, 09:18 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andrewmp6

get the police report and all the info you can proving he drove it drunk and wrecked talk to your insurance and make him pay for it
+1, leave the foot work and the dirty work for the insurance company, best advise I have seen on this subject so far!

Quick Reply: my car was "in an accident" due to a drunk.