Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

GT-500 or Eleanor

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
knuckless
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT-500 or Eleanor

right, well i guess im a total restomoder. then again you dont see me put 18inch rims on my car or a fuel injected motor. i change what i want but i keep it looking classic.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:01 PM
easttennmotors
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6marc5

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

Well,everyone has the right to their own opinion,so here is mine. You should never put wheels like that on a classic.

yeah but then my i couldnt have my 13 inch front disc[8D]

noooooooooo,not your wheels. I was talking about the guy who hates restomods,then puts a set of crappy chrome holy wheels on it.
actually those style and sizewheels are pretty period correct and were probably available in the mid-late 60's
Old 09-16-2007, 05:06 PM
easttennmotors
2nd Gear Member

you have modified ie exhaust, 15 inch wheels, kelsey hayes style discs, basically if its pretty period correct its just a modded stang. if you go and put an mp3 player, 19's, force 10 discs, and a 347 fi stroker thats restomod.

period correct = ok
restomod=laughable at best but will probably make me throw up, I order a white dash pad from mustangs plus and now they send me catalogs and news letters with all those horrid cars of theirs in there...newer does not = better that is why krperf got pwned
Old 09-16-2007, 05:09 PM
knuckless
3rd Gear Member

i know its not a restomod i was just saying that so hed give up, and i got manual drums all around. its not where near what everyone else is doing.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:17 PM
knuckless
3rd Gear Member

and the biggest rims id ever put on this car would be 15 maybe 16 in the rear cragars
Old 09-16-2007, 05:23 PM
easttennmotors
2nd Gear Member

its cool knuckless, i think its kind of dumb how restomodders now consider everything restomod, people were modifying mustangs with cragars and ar wheels long before restomods heck my dad has a picture of him with a friends 68 shelby from around 69-70 and he hadar wheels that were similar to cragar nomad II'son that car so its not like its a sin
Old 09-16-2007, 05:35 PM
6marc5
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: knuckless

why dont you ask me if i put the wheels on, then insult me

1st - the wheels came with the car when i bought it
2nd - i dont even know what kind of wheels they are
3rd - those wheels seem to be time period correct, ive seen a couple other 68's with them, so dont make it seem like im making my car a restomod
4th - never said i hated restomods, i just dont like them and there not my style
5th - we each have our own likes and dislike, i never insulted anyone who made a restomod, i just said there not my style
Your absolutley right, I lowballed ya and I apologize.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:06 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

I love the technology that the Eleanor craze brought to the market. As a direct result of that stupid movie, they have started reproducing the 67 fastback. Now, I ask you, does it get any better than that???

The suspension pieces built for that car have caused an explosion of superior handling kits compared to what was on the market before.

That being said, I'd do a GT500 clone complete with an FE and late model, rack and pinion setup with the killer suspension.

Yeah. Thats the ticket.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:16 PM
knuckless
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: knuckless

why dont you ask me if i put the wheels on, then insult me

1st - the wheels came with the car when i bought it
2nd - i dont even know what kind of wheels they are
3rd - those wheels seem to be time period correct, ive seen a couple other 68's with them, so dont make it seem like im making my car a restomod
4th - never said i hated restomods, i just dont like them and there not my style
5th - we each have our own likes and dislike, i never insulted anyone who made a restomod, i just said there not my style
Your absolutley right, I lowballed ya and I apologize.
its alright, ive done it before to people and i know ill end up doing it again
Old 09-16-2007, 06:37 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

I'm fine with Eleanors. Build as many as you want, cuz they look and drive good. But quit cutting up original Fastbacks to do it, and never destroy a Shelby. I'd like to build my own variation of one someday, but if I do it will be off one of these bodies, not harming a part of history...

http://www.mustangsplus.com/Merchant...de=body_shells

ps, I don't hate anyone here.

and I love anything with a Pony logo...

Quick Reply: GT-500 or Eleanor