Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Made in China- is it worth it?

Old 12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Made in China- is it worth it?

Sorry, but I feel better buying from an "american Made" producer than Made in China producer. 99% of the stuff that comes over here is crap, always has, always will be. Nothing that has a "made in china" sticker lasts very long and usually ends up in the trash.

As to mustang parts, I buy parts that are usually cheaper, but I look for quality too. I will tend to spend more on something if I know it is made in usa and I know I am getting a better product. If it is made in the usa, I know it is a better product.

Everyone is so quick to blame somebody else for problems that go on today, the only person to blame is themselves. People have a choice on where to buy their products. They will buy from a lessexpensive place, then complain about it's the government or the big companies fault for outsourcing for cheaper products. Who supports those corporations? You do.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:22 AM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

Sorry for the rant, I just want to talk about mustangs. That will make me feel better. Go Ford!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:51 AM
ebluekeys
2nd Gear Member

During the last year I've purchased both an HEI distributor and an all aluminum dual row radiator for my 67. Both vendors made no excuses for their products, and both arrived in excellent shape. I'm extremely pleased with both. This is not to say that there are no shoddy products out there, but I believe that if the company sourcing the product is dilligent and does not allow shoddy product through their recieving/inspection process, that a good value can be had for the money. As always, it's "buyer beware".
Old 12-21-2007, 12:15 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onegreedy

Ignorance is a wonderful things,

do you guys want to explain the difference between China and Taiwan?
Most of the people and the government of Taiwan do not want hate America to the point of wanting all of us dead and out of the wayfor a China dominated world?

We will have trouble with China, andthe real problemswill probablybegin with an invasion of Taiwan.

Think about it... due to China's reproductive policy, there are a lot more men than women in China. These excess men won't even be able to have a wife or a committed mate.If they don't really have sex to keep them busy, they will want to fight...

IMO China has their eyes set on the long term, by pretending that this is not the case, we are exhibiting true ignorance.

The irony of the situation is that we Americans are exporting the technical and manufacturing know how and the money to make China an emerging superpower. Businesses, Government, and more importantly consumers are making all of this possible, while at the same time exporting our ability to counter this very real threat due to our lost industrial capability.

We were able to "catch up" to the German and Japanese threat in the late 30s and 40s, things move a little faster now days. We might not have the time or even the ability to do so in the 21st century...